Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
I know but polishing aluminum is not my favorite...anymore. I used to do it a lot with wheels and tanks on my truck. Not anymore. That's for the younger guys. I will keep this looking good though.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
POR 15 makes a product called Glisten. I used it on my risers I fabbed and just brushed it on, it smoothes out pretty well but if i were to do it again I would spray it on. I also used it on lowers that I cut the mounting plates off to keep the non chrome portions from rusting.
This stuff is very very clear and has not yellowed at all in two years. Would be great on your drive.

R

·
0 Posts
Going back together

Got my driveshaft today, BIG thanks to Aric. Had enough time to get it in before leaving for work. Lord willing, tomorrow or Sunday will try it out. :wayhappy::wayhappy:

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Would like to do this on my 06 C50. Seems though the more I read the more confused I get. It sounds like with the 1400 final drive I can use most of my stock parts. I would really like something that is close to just bolting on. I will read more on this. Right now I need to take a break from all the reading. I also need to do some more research on where to get the parts. Thanks. Chuck

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
52,315 Posts
Would like to do this on my 06 C50. Seems though the more I read the more confused I get. It sounds like with the 1400 final drive I can use most of my stock parts. I would really like something that is close to just bolting on. I will read more on this. Right now I need to take a break from all the reading. I also need to do some more research on where to get the parts. Thanks. Chuck

Quite simply, find a slightly used DJ drive from a VR member who may have removed that modified drive, and sold their bike separately.

Keep Your eyes on the swap meet section for just such an item.

The Modified DJ, C90, VS1400 etc drives, hold their value long after You've moved onto another motorcycle.

R

·
0 Posts

The worst part of this whole thing is the WAITING once you've decided to do it. I was fortunate to happen upon a c90 drive on ebay for $269 and made the leap. That was about 4 weeks ago. A day or 2 and I'll find out what everyone else has been talking about. I wish I'd discovered this sooner. I've had my Blvd for 4 yrs. And, I might add, you'll get a lot of help from the guys on this forum.

R

·
0 Posts
:wayhappy::wayhappy::wayhappy::wayhappy:
This mod is EVERYTHING I hoped it would be. This is well worth the time and $$$ I spent on it! When I read Dave's first post on this idea I looked on eBay and there was one c90 final drive, complete. I put it on watch and continued reading the thread, I was captivated! Before I finished the thread I told my wife "I'm doing it" and she said doing what. I said I'm buying that drive and doing this mod. What a GREAT decision that turned out to be.
To anyone considering this mod I say...DO IT! It'll probably take a long time to wipe this smile off my face. I love it!!! :wayhappy::wayhappy::wayhappy::wayhappy::wayhappy::wayhappy:

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
welcome to the club.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just found a 1999 SUZUKI VL1500LC final drive and was wondering if this would work on my 06 C50? If so could you please let me know what the cost would be to make the Driveshaft fit so I could have the DJ Mod work.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Yes that drive would work. Aric can modify any C50 or VL800 driveshaft for you.

Contact Aric

[email protected]

Hillis can do the VL1500 shaft for you but he is quite hard to get ahold of, very busy with other projects I hear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
thinking about picking up a new 2013 M50, guessing this MOD would work on it? anyone know where I could buy the modified parts? thanks.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Any contact for Dj Hillis or someone else like Aric Balister that still making the drives? Tks
MOTIV can do the mod or contact Aric at [email protected]

I don't know if any one has heard from Hillis for quite some time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
MOTIV can do the mod or contact Aric at [email protected]

I don't know if any one has heard from Hillis for quite some time.
I just tried to email Aric at the email shown above. The email did not go through. Do you know if that email is still valid, or if he is still doing the mod? I verified that I didn't make any typos in the email address.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I just tried to email Aric at the email shown above. The email did not go through. Do you know if that email is still valid, or if he is still doing the mod? I verified that I didn't make any typos in the email address.

Thanks,
Gary
My bad, try [email protected]

sorry about that.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thank you!

Just to recap, are Aric and MOTIV the only two folks currently doing this mod? As I understand, DJ Hollis is not. Ideally, I would like to find somebody close to me (southwest Indiana) who could do both the mod and the removal/reinstall as well. Unfortunately I'm not very mechanically inclined at these things.

Thanks again,
Gary

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
41 - 60 of 87 Posts