Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
One of the first things I encountered while reading the other site was the collection for his bike. I knew at that instant that this was a great group of people. :applause:

·
Registered
251 Posts
:) This thread shows the true character that many of you here have. I've never personally met any of the members, but I feel as so many of you guys are truly "Special People"

I salute you all!!! :applause:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I remember the shock and sadness when I read the "incredibly bad news" post 3 years ago.
I wish Z was still here and think of him often.

Thanks for the update, Jan, glad to hear Amanda and Zach are doing well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks so much for remembering

Today is a especially hard day for me and everyone that loves him. Everything is going ok here...Matt is at Illinois State in Normal, Bradley is at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale and Jacob is in the 8th Grade and has his first girlfriend. My family is coming over this evening to have dinner with me. I'm sure we will break out the pics and the videos and talk about our memories of him. I was in Texas last month and my sister and I went to the cementary...We made a saddle and bouquet for his headstone and vase. I also placed a plaque up which reads "When someone you love becomes a memory those memories become a treasure." My heart still aches and it hasn't been any easier...my mother tells me it will. I still keep in touch with Zane's brothers and sisters...I saw Mike and Sam and as well as Sam's children while I was there and also so his sister Sue and spoke to his brother Larry on the phone.

Jan thanks for the update on the kids...We all wonder about the a lot and pray that they are doing well. Zach looks good in his braces and Amanda is beautiful. Her college looks very nice on the website...I bet she had her share of snow this winter. The boys would like for you to tell them HI and please let them know I love them.

Thanks again to all that keeps his memory alive.

With Love,
MrsZookoff

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Re: Thanks so much for remembering

MrsZookoff said:
I also placed a plaque up which reads "When someone you love becomes a memory those memories become a treasure."

With Love,
MrsZookoff
Mel...... thank you...

and that brought tears to my eyes....

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I post only because tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of the passing of our friend Zookoff...

I remember like it was yesterday,
When you ride tomorrow remember Zane..
remember how he felt (we felt it in his words),
remember how his honesty was unsurpassed,
remember how he had to clean the house for Melissa's return,
remember how his love for his family always came thru his posts,
remember that night ride he took,
remember when we all cried together,
remember when we all wished we were in Texas for his funeral, remember,
just remember ..

Its almost that time again..................... has it really been almost 7 years ! ! ! ! !?!?!?!?!:cry:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Thanks, I often think of the early days of the original VOL. It really was somthing special, somthing that I miss. I was still a lurker for most of that year, but I lurked almost every day until I figured out how to sign up and use a "forum".

And Zook, you will never be forgotten.

"metal monsters that let us breathe. Let us smell. Keep us from being numb" Zook.

·
Premium Member
14,389 Posts
^^^ that has been my signature line for years, I loved his writing

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Wow... Time just marches on

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Yes barry Forever :)

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Super Moderator
4,290 Posts
Lurking David Elkins name and this came up....Wow, the old Vol was the ultimate Family-friends....I lurked around this forum back then in 04-the Old Vol, but joined when I procured my 2005 , the first year Bullyvard....My memories of these old Vol names goes way back, but loved a Volusia bike named Wildman....A member from East Gransby,CT...His bike was AWESOME and a dedicated member....I often think and give a prayer to these old friends I never met, but have a common interest in family and friendship....This is a great family....Sorry I got deep there....Have a great day folks...you to Beez

·
Premium Member
14,389 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,290 Posts
This is Wildman's bike

Wow what a Schweet custom bully....Who's the proud owner now???
At one time his personal plate said Wildman....
Don't see to many customs these days like that, let alone from our forum...Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
14,389 Posts
Wow what a Schweet custom bully....Who's the proud owner now???
At one time his personal plate said Wildman....
Don't see to many customs these days like that, let alone from our forum...Thanks for posting.
I have a collection of phonts I call "Favorite Bikes" WildMan's was one of them.
Maybe someday if I am bored I'll create a new post with pics of them all. We have had several GREAT bikes. My all time favorite was Coilguy's. He put the hand made springer front end on and cut/dished the original tank. Do you remember that one? I got to ride it at the original Green Bay rally "Thunder on the Tundra"

61 - 80 of 81 Posts