Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks to everyone for remembering. Yesterday I spent the whole day in the ER with my niece...the memories came flooding back....the arrogance of the nurses and the doctors...not telling us anything....It was like stepping back in time to March 7, 2004. But there was a positive note...My niece is fine. My heart is heavy...I got out the Volusia posts...the cards from Zane...the Welcome home sign he had made for me when I came home from IL...I have a tape recorder that Zane used for memos to himself of things he needed to do....I played it...I miss hearing that voice.

MrsZookoff

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The roots............................ for all the newbies

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
WOW, talk about a blast from the past... Oddboy and I both still have the Z's on our bikes, and I still have the black (now a bit faded) ribbon tied to my lt rear-view mirror.....

·
Premium Member
14,389 Posts
Yup, except newbie or not... It makes a lot of the other crap people whine about seem pretty petty.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
v0lusia said:
Yup, except newbie or not... It makes a lot of the other crap people whine about seem pretty petty.
yuppp kinda what I thought too...

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Glori said:
WOW, talk about a blast from the past... Oddboy and I both still have the Z's on our bikes, and I still have the black (now a bit faded) ribbon tied to my lt rear-view mirror.....
I made a lot of those "Z's"... I am glad there are still on bikes.. mine is somewhat faded.. but I will never remove it..

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
I just missed him by a few months and I feel I missed a LOT. I got to the VOL about the time we started collecting for his bike and knew right away I had a new family. Never got to get a Z though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wanted to give y'all an update on Zanes kids! Amanda is now in Nevada, Mo going to Cottey College!! She has just been there for a couple of weeks...........wow I miss her, but she is have a great time!! Loves it!! Zach is now in 7th grade, playing the trumpet and is in the top band!!! He is going to be 13 soon!! He really misses his sister, but we talk to her every day and send pics back and forth!! Just saw this and thought I might share. Thanks so much for keeping Zane in your thoughts He is a great guy!

Jan Schroeder

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Passing of a friend...

It's been three years and I still miss the big guy. Gonna go home tonight, drink a toast, and rev the bike.

Adder

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT TOMORROW IS 3 YRS..?!?!?!

Since you posted today Blackadder, I too will

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
I joined the VR at the end of March last year, so I missed this thread at that time. He sounds like quite a man and I very much regret not having had the chance to meet him. I read through the whole thread with tears in my eyes, and this from a person I've never met. Yep, quite a man. My very best wished to all his family and loved ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks so much for remembering Zane(zookoff) Just a little update on his kids...........Amanda is in her first year of college in Nevada, MO. She had her tonsils out on monday, so she is resting in bed, not feeling great, but on the mend. Zach is in 7th grade and plays the trumpet , guitar and keyboard...Thanks to everyone for keeping Zane in your thoughts and prayers
Jan Schroeder

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I unfortunately never had the pleasure of meeting Zookoof. I really wished I had. I remember reading posts by him and thinking what a great guy.

And I can't read the Metal Monsters with getting emotional. (Read that as crying and sniffling)

I am just thankful that we as a community remember him and keep his memory from fading! I will be riding in the cold tomorrow to honor Zookoof!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
jantra said:
Thanks so much for remembering Zane(zookoff) Just a little update on his kids...........Amanda is in her first year of college in Nevada, MO. She had her tonsils out on monday, so she is resting in bed, not feeling great, but on the mend. Zach is in 7th grade and plays the trumpet , guitar and keyboard...Thanks to everyone for keeping Zane in your thoughts and prayers
Jan Schroeder
Jan Thanks for the update on the kids!

·
Banned
24,655 Posts
I think it was Legal Godess that made beads with the letter Z on them with black ribbons for the memorial ride. Mine still resides in my vest pocket.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
yeah... I think so...

I made Black "Z" stickers for the forks I sent out about 50 of them... I still have one on my forks.. I think I sent a bunch to someone (maybe LG or BW to pass out at the event.)

41 - 60 of 81 Posts