Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why am I getting this message? I am trying to upload pictures. The file is not too large because I tried to upload a picture that is already in my gallery and I get the same message. Anybody else having this problem?

Oh...and for the ones that are going to say..."because your uploaded file is too large or corrupted"-I beat you to it! :roll:

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
Same here. My shots are all reduced to under 200kb and in jpg format, but I get the same note.
~FF~

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
why not just open a photobucket account... upload all your pictures there then just include links in your posts.. you can even post a picture in your ad and it doesnt take up storage space here..

there is a limit now I beleive on the amount of pics that you are allowed to have, and there always was a SIZE limitation stated on the upload page.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Is that an error for uploading gallery pics?

Too bad VR members can't just link pics from the gallery to the post window.

It's such a pain in the tail to have to host off site for a quick picture link.

All other forums I've been on let members do that within gallery picture upload and post limits.

The "dot php" thing has always confused me.

Maybe if some more donations get sent in, things like this will happen...?

·
Registered
381 Posts
post picture

I Still Can't Post A Dam Picture ,I Can get them to the Gallery But Thats It .

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aVOL2 said:
why not just open a photobucket account... upload all your pictures there then just include links in your posts.. you can even post a picture in your ad and it doesnt take up storage space here..

there is a limit now I beleive on the amount of pics that you are allowed to have, and there always was a SIZE limitation stated on the upload page.
Thanks Julie. I just tried photobucket and continuously received an upload failed message. I went through their trouble shooting and still no pictures. SO...I uploaded the pictures on "the other network" :wink: and will sell the patches and vest there. VR members can PM me for a link. Sorry, I tried.

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
aVOL2 said:
why not just open a photobucket account... upload all your pictures there then just include links in your posts.. you can even post a picture in your ad and it doesn't take up storage space here..

there is a limit now I believe on the amount of pics that you are allowed to have, and there always was a SIZE limitation stated on the upload page.
Sorry Julie, that's cop out! These are the same pix that were in there before the rehost. Something has changed. Yes I have a image shack acct. See?

(30 year old bike ride photo. That's me staring at helmets.)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
O.K., I uploaded three pictures then I got this message! :brick: "This category has reached the quota of pics. Now you cannot upload any more. Please contact the administrators for more information."

I guess I need to delete some pictures???

·
Registered
62 Posts
Still getting uploading error message.

I am having trouble uploading pictures as well. I am getting the message that the file is too large or corrupted. I made the picture quite small and decreased colors to make the file under 40 kb.

Here is a link to the picture I am attempting to upload:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg137/joe_2224/VolusiaAvatar.jpg

Any help or suggestions?

Here is the actual picture which I can post in the message, just not in my gallery

I have tried to upload several pictures numerous times all getting the same error message.

Thanks!

joe

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Frederickson Flier said:
aVOL2 said:
why not just open a photobucket account... upload all your pictures there then just include links in your posts.. you can even post a picture in your ad and it doesn't take up storage space here..

there is a limit now I believe on the amount of pics that you are allowed to have, and there always was a SIZE limitation stated on the upload page.
Sorry Julie, that's cop out! These are the same pix that were in there before the rehost. Something has changed. Yes I have a image shack acct. See?

(30 year old bike ride photo. That's me staring at helmets.)
Ok, I don't know why that one is being blocked, it should work. I'll check the settings again but it should be allowing pics up to 1024x768 and less than 265K.

As for what worked on the old site, things changed. We had almost three gigs of images and it was using a lot of bandwidth (disk space isn't an issue here, but bandwidth costs) so I lower what people could post.

-McW

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Ditto, something's wrong, Wolf :roll:

P.S. Has the Poll function been fixed ??

·
Registered
246 Posts
Uploaded corrupted file

I tried to upload pictures to my gallery in 640 X 480 format and I get the too large or corrupted file format message also.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Re: Uploaded corrupted file

Raygun said:
I tried to upload pictures to my gallery in 640 X 480 format and I get the too large or corrupted file format message also.
Yep, the site isn't accepting any uploads anymore, I'm looking into it.

-McW

·
Registered
12 Posts
Still can't load pic

From the day I joined I haven't been able to upload pictures or an avatar. Resized photo down to 12K and 640X480 and nothing. Still get the "Photo must be under 23K" message. Guess it's not just me.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
MCW - how are we looking on this issue ??

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
moenko said:
MCW - how are we looking on this issue ??
I've been having trouble getting the time to look into it. We're at fiscal year end here at the U and it's taking most of my time. I have some ideas but haven't been able to chase them down.

-McW

1 - 20 of 42 Posts