Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought a signature pic would be cool , so I dropped a link from photobucket in the box and saved it.
It didn't seem to take so I figured I did it wrong but this morning I logged on and holy moly it fills the whole page. It looks as if I posted a picture (slaying the Dragon BTW)
How do I shrink it or get rid of it altogether?

·
Super Moderator
8,879 Posts
Yeah, the Photobucket links will do that.

You'll either have to resize the picture in Photobucket, or resize it and upload the resized image using the forum's tools.

Here are the size guidelines, from the site policy:
5) – Images used in signature files may be no taller than 200 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide.

Here is a link to a tool you can use to resize the image, if you don't already own tools that can do so:
http://www.volusiariders.com/59-n00be-questions/185932-how-easily-rezize-photo-make-avatar.html

And lastly, to change or add the sig pic, go to Quick Links --> Edit Signature. Scroll down to the box labeled Edit Signature Picture, and use Option 2 to upload the resized image from your computer.

On this same page, you can edit your signature line to remove the Photobucket link, if you elect to upload the resized image from your PC.

I hope this description isn't too confusing, and helps you out, Motiv.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just added a mini me to it. Deleted the photo in photobucket, it may take some time to take, No?

·
Super Moderator
8,879 Posts
The larger pic is still on Photobucket; you need to remove your link to it in your signature.

If you remove the big picture from Photobucket, and you don't remove your link to it, you'll have a warning about the broken link as part of your signature. Not, I assume, the desired result. ;)

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The larger pic is still on Photobucket; you need to remove your link to it in your signature.

If you remove the big picture from Photobucket, and you don't remove your link to it, you'll have a warning about the broken link as part of your signature. Not, I assume, the desired result. ;)

Agreed, can you walk me through the steps of removing this link? I managed to remove the small one.

·
Super Moderator
8,879 Posts
Did you add the larger photo as a signature pic? Or did you make it part of your signature line?
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edit: OK, you do still have the IMG-code link to the larger photograph in your signature line. Edit your signature and remove the IMG code.

Then go back to the Photobucket link to the resized photo, and copy/paste the IMG code for that into your signature line.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I copied the link from P-bucket and dropped it in the Option 1 box.

·
Super Moderator
8,879 Posts
Would you object if I were to do a little 'moderator magic' to help you out?

I've removed the Photobucket link for you.

Now you need to re-do the steps you took under Option 2 to upload again the small image from your PC.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Would you object if I were to do a little 'moderator magic' to help you out?

I've removed the Photobucket link for you.

Now you need to re-do the steps you took under Option 2 to upload again the small image from your PC.

Thank you! If we cross paths remind me I owe you a beer. :wayhappy:
Regards, Paul

1 - 18 of 18 Posts