Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've read multiple drive threads and from my understanding if I get a vs1400 drive with the shaft all I need to do is send the shaft part to be modified and enlarge the 3 holes on the swing arm to fit the new drive and cut my oem c50 spacer 2mm less.... is that all? and I can probably have Motiv due the modification to the shaft and spacer?
See pic of drive I'm thinking about getting it.
Tks

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Send your C50 shaft to be modified, not the 1400 shaft. Also you do NOT need to do anything to the spacer if you use a 1400 drive. At least I didn't.....If I screwed up I hope someone will chime in.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I did the shorten the U-Joint route (bb-mod) instead of getting my shaft shortened. That was cheaper and I still have my stock shaft for when I want to sell my bike. I have about 4k miles on it. It is working great so far.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I did the shorten the U-Joint route (bb-mod) instead of getting my shaft shortened. That was cheaper and I still have my stock shaft for when I want to sell my bike. I have about 4k miles on it. It is working great so far.
yes, I understand you never want to get your shaft shortened....at least that's what she said. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.