Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the wiring diagrams I thought the yellow pass switch would activate the high beam while keeping the low beam on... However, on my 2017 c50T, the yellow pass switch turns the low beams off and turns the high beam on. What do you see on your bikes?

·
Super Moderator
26,126 Posts
By default it turns off the low beam when it switches to high. Probably because the draw on the circuit would be too much with both on. You can try to hotwire it, but aware that it might melt your wiring.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Whiskey - yes, that is the behavior of the actual high/low beam switch. What is the behavior of the yellow pass switch on your motorcycle? If you look at the wiring diagram in the manual it should light up high beam WITHOUT turning off the low beam.

·
Registered
118 Posts
On my 06 M50 the Pass switch does not switch low beam off. Do you have the correct wiring diagram for your year?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That portion of the wiring diagram is identical for the models in the repair manual I have. Just an alternate switch to connect Y/W with Y. See attached:

·
Registered
8 Posts
not sure what you're looking at, on my '17 C50T the low stays on when I hit the pass switch. that's what it's supposed to do.
what the diagram shows is the pass switch is secondary power to the hi beam, it does nothing to the low beam.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed. Figured it out - the LED bulb I have apparently has the 'feature' of turning off low beam when high beam is on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts