Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,352 Posts
sent them an email at 9 this morning...so far ...zilcho...maybe they don't read their emails....or maybe thinking...these people are a pain in the a$$...either way...at least acknowlege the request if indeed the email was read...maybe tommorrow.
Like most tourist establishments in this area, they are painfully short of help. We have restaurants in our town that survived the lock-down but are closing now because they can't find enough workers to keep their doors open.

Want a job at the motel, Dennis? I'll put in a good word for ya!

Reactions: duglaura

·
Administrator
16,580 Posts
sent them an email at 9 this morning...so far ...zilcho...maybe they don't read their emails....or maybe thinking...these people are a pain in the a$$...either way...at least acknowlege the request if indeed the email was read...maybe tommorrow.
You seem tense Dennis. Maybe a trip to the Voodoo lounge to take a walk with Beezer will help you relax.

They have our information, I'm sure when they get a slow period they will get the confirmations out.

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
Like most tourist establishments in this area, they are painfully short of help. We have restaurants in our town that survived the lock-down but are closing now because they can't find enough workers to keep their doors open.

Want a job at the motel, Dennis? I'll put in a good word for ya!
seems to be the norm everywhere these days...found that also the case recently when we were in Maine...has to be frustrating for the businesses trying to survive and I'm sure they will get the confirmations out eventually...as for a job there...would prefer something in the pool area monitoring the temp of the water...while I'm in it of course.

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
You seem tense Dennis. Maybe a trip to the Voodoo lounge to take a walk with Beezer will help you relax.

They have our information, I'm sure when they get a slow period they will get the confirmations out.
not so much tense as much as fed up with all the rain...limits my riding opportunities...but can't control the weather, so no excuse now to put off the indoor projects put on hold for golfing or riding...or as in this scenerio spending too much time here questioning why a business's response time to confirm a reservation is wtf?

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Should we check on our Rez. Or let the organizers handle it. I don't want to bug them with calls if its not necessary.

·
Administrator
6,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Should we check on our Rez. Or let the organizers handle it. I don't want to bug them with calls if its not necessary.
I suggest you check yourself, to be most comfortable with the answer. If they don't send out their confirmations, they have to expect to get calls.

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
never got a confirmation nor a reply to the email I sent to them asking for one...is what it is I guess...not going to lose sleep over it...hopefully when I check in, everything will be in order. Believe thats why most places send out confirmations, piece of mind for the customer. Hope no one takes it personal, like I said...no big deal.

·
Registered
22,699 Posts
Why don't you just take a ride over there and get it face to face. Kills 3 birds with one stone.
1) you get out for a nicelong ride.
2) you get your confirmation
3) most important...Barb gets a day to herself.

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
interesting thought but I'd rather wait and wonder if I'm on the list of reserved rooms...good therapy for the mind wondering what the over/under is on how long it will take if I hear at all...personally like the suspense of it all...at this time of year too many other things I'm sure they are busy with preparing for their foilage watching weekend visitors...then thanksgiving ...then xmas...then winter with all the skiers and then comes spring when its time to catch up on all the things that are on the things to do list...have to give anyone in that business alot of credit...lots of work...very little appreciation...you wouldn't be passing thru that area by any chance Fred....

·
Registered
77 Posts
interesting thought but I'd rather wait and wonder if I'm on the list of reserved rooms...good therapy for the mind wondering what the over/under is on how long it will take if I hear at all...personally like the suspense of it all...at this time of year too many other things I'm sure they are busy with preparing for their foilage watching weekend visitors...then thanksgiving ...then xmas...then winter with all the skiers and then comes spring when its time to catch up on all the things that are on the things to do list...have to give anyone in that business alot of credit...lots of work...very little appreciation...you wouldn't be passing thru that area by any chance Fred....
I would call, they sent mine a few weeks ago. Even if they are slightly understaffed, you have given them a month. Plenty of time.
For peace of mind anyway.

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
I'm not worried, just trying to keep this thread alive with mindless jibberish...my usual posting...looking forward to this...looks like a really nice place...should be fun...wonder if they have a firepit...will have to check their gallery of pics...almost left my rally chair behind yesterday...remembered just as I was ready to leave and barb hadn't left yet.

·
Super Moderator
9,352 Posts
Negative on the fire pit. Will either have to buy one or ask someone to bring theirs.

Mike and I can provide firewood and kindling, however.

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
I'm sure someone wil be able to bring one along...I'll see if I still have my old one somewhere...think the daughter took it when she bought her house a few years back...at worst, since I brought it up, I'll pick one up. Least I can do. So we can check that off the list and add that to my packing list for the rally.

·
Super Moderator
9,352 Posts
Pretty sure that Cindy and Michael provided theirs in recent years. We have options, and we have time to work it out.

61 - 80 of 120 Posts