Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,879 Posts
Stick with it! I ain't quittin' till they make me quit!
+1

While I realize the lack of guidance from New Hampshire is making planning very hard, and may cause some folks to bow out altogether, I advocate that we continue to assume we can pull this off.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Live free or die!

·
Administrator
16,305 Posts
.....COVID-19 Update.....

As of today the state of NH has still not given guidance on when or how Lodging will be opening up.

I have talked with Kevin at Mt. Coolidge and he is ready to go and has plans in place for health and safety but without the state's blessing things are at a standstill.

NH has been opening things very slowly and has been limiting these openings to NH residents only at this time.

I am sure we all have divided feelings on how to proceed with our event....

Let us know how you are feeling and what you are thinking.
We're still planning on trying to make it if it's open. I do have a wildcard right now at work though.

In order to return to work, employees had to sign an affidavit saying we won't travel out of state, or get together in groups of 10 or more.

Hoping that is not in play come the end of June.

·
Administrator
16,305 Posts
And just to clarify, they said in the affidavit if we travel we have to quarantine for 14 days afterwards and not return to work, using vacation time or unpaid.

Big question is....what is their cancellation policy for those of us that are booked. Would be nice to know a date we have to make a decision by so we don't lose our deposit.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
And just to clarify, they said in the affidavit if we travel we have to quarantine for 14 days afterwards and not return to work, using vacation time or unpaid.

Big question is....what is their cancellation policy for those of us that are booked. Would be nice to know a date we have to make a decision by so we don't lose our deposit.
Jay... I will check on that....

·
Super Moderator
8,879 Posts
That is hilariously unenforceable!

What is New Hampshire gonna do if it catches us lying? Take away our dessert? Ban us from entering the state ever again?

Excellent question. Be worth knowing from both the Mount Coolidge and the Profile Motel.

·
Administrator
16,305 Posts
That is hilariously unenforceable!

What is New Hampshire gonna do if it catches us lying? Take away our dessert? Ban us from entering the state ever again?

Excellent question. Be worth knowing from both the Mount Coolidge and the Profile Motel.
That is not New Hampshire Chris, it's the company I work for. Signing the affidavit was a condition of returning to work, and it is very enforceable.

Also, heard today FROM A THIRD PARTY (Heath please confirm fact) that The Coolidge is not going to open the pool, nor allow a firepit, or any gathering of more than 10 people once they open.....again, this is from someone who called there yesterday, and it's 3rd party information, but certainly something to check in to Heath.

·
Super Moderator
20,459 Posts
Also, heard today FROM A THIRD PARTY (Heath please confirm fact) that The Coolidge is not going to open the pool, nor allow a firepit, or any gathering of more than 10 people once they open.....again, this is from someone who called there yesterday, and it's 3rd party information, but certainly something to check in to Heath.
as for the pool, never really used it in Lake George so for me no big deal/loss...losing the firepit sux but it is what it is...groups of 10 are pretty much what you find at rallies anyway...people flock from group to group...will be interesting to see what places will be open for meals by the motel, breakfast & dinner ,as the local places really are not set up for outside eating... take out I'm assuming will be available, and also where to stop for lunch during the rides.
Like anything else when life throws you a curve, you improvise...this group has always been able to adjust to a given situation, matter of working together and using common sense. Looking forward to getting together with everyone.

·
Registered
930 Posts
That is not New Hampshire Chris, it's the company I work for. Signing the affidavit was a condition of returning to work, and it is very enforceable.

I say boo to this!

81 - 100 of 124 Posts