Registered
195 Posts
Yankee Rally 2020

White Mountains / New Hampshire

June 25-28, 2020

Hosted by EBWan (Heath)

Volusia Riders Yankee Rally 2020 June 25-28

Although I will be relying heavily upon the help of others,

I have decided to step up and throw my hat into the ring and host Yankee Rally 2020...

The committee has determined that the location and motels(s) that would serve our purpose and continue the tradition and original intent of the Yankee Rally.

We will be riding and enjoying the area of the White Mountians in NH. I know the area well, as I went to high school just up in St. Johnsbury, VT and have climbed many of the peaks that you will be riding around. I am told Yankee Rally 2 and 3 were in this area and the riding is 1st class, as is our host motel. We will be based out of the Mt. Coolidge Motel with overflow literally about 200 ft away at the Profile Motel and Cottages. (There is an Econo Lodge about 100 yards away if we need even more rooms).

Accommodations:

Mt. Coolidge Motel

386 US-3
Lincoln, NH 03251
603-745-8052
The motel rooms run from a 92.00-115.00 and a couple of cabins that are 160.00
All rooms are booked
Kevin and Vicky are the owners, and will keep a waiting list, although I would book at the Profile if it is full, to be safe.

Profile Motel and Cottages

391 US-3
Lincoln, NH 03251
603-745-2759
Room rates are 89.00 and 99.00
** for now there is 10 rooms blocked off here so be sure to mention that you are with the VolusiaRiders**

Rally Info:

Schedule:

Wednesday - early arrivals, meet and greet in the parking lot or on the lawn, drink, smoke cigars, socialize

Thursday - arrive, meet and greet in the parking lot or on the lawn, drink, smoke, eat delivery food (pizza) around 6:30. A shorter organized ride will be planned for those arriving early enough or staying over from Weds.

Friday - Around 9:30 – 10:00 am kickstands up for the day’s ride(s), afternoon return.

Saturday – KSU around 9:30-10:00 am for the day's rides. Discussion of next years rally.

Sunday - depart in sadness, hung over.

Rooms Booked and Arrival Day

Mt. Coolidge Motel

EbWan and Shelley + Boyd - Weds-Sun

Sixpack and Linda

BearBait and Woodswoman - Weds-Sun

VTwin and TGlitter

StormRider

Snake

Beezer and Free2bme - Wed-Sun

Mr. Mike and Lori - Thurs-Sun

Vlad and Summer - Thurs-Sun

Mike and Cindy (RellaLou)

Mr. Johnny - Thurs-Sun

Sister Mooo and Anne

Smokeater

Profile Motel and Cottages

BigBert - Thurs-Sun

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
.....COVID-19 Update.....
Here is the latest as of 5/30/20

The Mt. Coolidge Motel will be open on June 5th...

Gov. Sununu just gave some guidance on opening lodging to Out-of-Stater's..

"Under a proposal submitted to a reopening task force Thursday, out-of-staters would have to attest to having quarantined at home for 14 days before coming to New Hampshire."

I have talked with Kevin and Vicky at Mt. Coolidge, he is ready to go and has plans in place for health and safety. He stressed that our group could be what saves him for the year!!

That said in order to keep with state guidelines we will requured to sign an affidavit stating we are not currently sick, do not have Covid-19 and have not been in contact with someone that is sick or has Covid-19. And non-NH residents have quarantined from any exposure to Covid-19. I do not currently have the exact wording of the affidavit, but those are the general points....

Take that as you may.....

As far as food, we are working a few things out.. Pizza as usual on Thursday night and most likely a self catered affair for both Friday and Saturday night...

Destination rides and bathroom breaks may pose a problem but we will figure something out by game time.

Hell or high water we will have a firepit or dumpster fire as it may be...!!!!

...Cancellations are still 7-days for both motels... It would help the establishments if you can provide information alluding to COVID-19 reasons so they can claim losses.

All that being said... If you are sick, think you may be sick or have been around someone resently that has been... Please be curtious and don't bring any viruses to the rally...!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Some meals at the motel are being planned, although they are still not locked down. BBQ, pasta dinner, pizza (of course) are all possible, either delivery or cooked onsite by volunteers.

And although there is no t-shirts, there will be a surprise rally souvenir available.

So we ask that you please bring some cash, as we will not be set up for credit cards.

We suppose there are ATMs in the area (but can't guarantee this).

·
Super Moderator
21,070 Posts
glad to see a decision was made and especially where it is going to be held...more than happy to help in any way...will be reserving as soon as they open today.

·
Administrator
16,360 Posts
We're booked, arriving Wednesday.

Reactions: Ebwan and BearBait

·
Super Moderator
8,944 Posts
BearBait and I plan to arrive Wednesday.

Heath, THANK YOU for stepping up to be the lead organizer!!!

Reactions: Ebwan

·
Administrator
16,360 Posts
Yes.....thanks for stepping up to the plate Heath

Reactions: Ebwan

·
Super Moderator
4,442 Posts
Heath, thank you for spearheading the logistics for this rally and sounds so chillaxing!!!! Add duglaura to your cool kids guest list....hope to make it!!Best, D.

Yes, you frickin Seagulls (Jay-Dennis) booked from 24-28. I like the dates, just before the 4th of July and Gettysburg Bike Week....Works all around and to see you nutz...Fabulous!!

Reactions: DCinCT and Ebwan

·
Administrator
16,360 Posts
Did you book your room Doug? You better bring my dam cigar with you.

Reactions: duglaura

·
Super Moderator
21,070 Posts
rooms will go fast...don' wait...book now...btw...there is a one week before rally date to cancel...Vicky informed me of that upon making the reservation...

·
Super Moderator
4,442 Posts
Did you book your room Doug? You better bring my dam cigar with you.
Yes and yes you attacking Seagull.....Dates are perfect and the area is beautiful, we been once in car during my post Bosnia trip/vacation and had a wonderful time..Didn't see the man on the Mtn (overcast), did a portion of his face fell off?? Cigar in hand buddy!!!and a frozen banana for you D.

·
Super Moderator
21,070 Posts
another rumor has it some womans lib group demanded equal time and wanted an Old Woman of the Mt erected next to it...they were voted down and the next morning the historical piece was nothing more than a pile of rubble...never piss a woman off...never mind a group of them.

·
Registered
20,582 Posts
They say " behind every man - is a woman". That means she pushed him off. :biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 428 Posts