Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
29,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Beemer emerges from a garage on a 40 degree day for a ride and its clean but my hack is covered in debris. Welcome back kids.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Welcome back

What is that nasty looking white stuff above the Ural??

Going to get my bike today...68F Degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Thanks Mr. Eff.

It's about time to start reading those.

I'm ready to ride.
I'm so ready to ride.
I'm so so sooo ready to ride.
My bike won't start. Threads. LOL
We've had our 2.185 inches of snow and that's enough. Almost record deep.

When you live down South you ride every month.
Yea baby!! :)

·
Super Moderator
20,506 Posts
tempted today being the forties...suppose to have a few more 40 days in the upcoming week...don't want to say it too loud but maybe the worst is over.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I drove the Suburban to the Wal-Marts yesterday. In the 40 mile round trip I saw 3 separate bike riders cruise by. I must be getting old!
Heck I didn't even bother to stop at the car wash because of all the salt still on the road and the occasional puddle of snow run off I had to ride through.
Maybe I'll wait a few more days for the snow to finish melting and the condiments to bake off the road.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
tempted today being the forties...suppose to have a few more 40 days in the upcoming week...don't want to say it too loud but maybe the worst is over.
My world is completely covered in SALT. Every thing is white with it. I am waiting for a couple good rain storms to wash it away before getting my bike out.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
In the Pacific Northwest real cold, ice and snow isn't the real problem stopping me from riding.

I just don't like riding in the cold rainy weather of our winters. But my son-in-law commutes to work almost every day on his new Suzuki TU250 rain or shine. :crying: :wayhappy: :shades: The advantages of high mileage plus first on and first off the ferry boat which is part of his commute made commuting with his TU250 an easy choice. Saves him money on gas, parking, and big time on commutes as the ferries are often heavily used for work commutes with full ferries requiring non two wheelers to wait for a later ferry ride.

·
Administrator
29,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most winters, i ride year round, thus why I'm amazed the GS is so clean.

The Ural is a different story. i had to buy 20 dollars worth of brushes and metal cleaner for the chore ahead. The bike is covered in grime and salt... To work I go.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts