Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here owned or rode any of the above?
Thinking of getting an xvs1100 but the twin carbs and stupidly placed oil filter is a bit of a turn off. Likewise with the 650, I hear mixed opinions on its highway performance. I could comfortably sit at 80 indicated on my vl800 but wouldn't fancy anything more buzzy than that.
I also heard the 1100 has the same useable power as the vl800, is that the case? Seems odd as its 300cc larger. I am slightly biased towards yamaha as I had a 1990 535 virago that still looked like new and never failed me even on icy mornings

·
Registered
671 Posts
Anyone here owned or rode any of the above?
Thinking of getting an xvs1100 but the twin carbs and stupidly placed oil filter is a bit of a turn off. Likewise with the 650, I hear mixed opinions on its highway performance. I could comfortably sit at 80 indicated on my vl800 but wouldn't fancy anything more buzzy than that.
I also heard the 1100 has the same useable power as the vl800, is that the case? Seems odd as its 300cc larger. I am slightly biased towards yamaha as I had a 1990 535 virago that still looked like new and never failed me even on icy mornings
I've owned many examples of the big 4 Japanese brands and NONE have ever failed me even on icy mornings, so please don't base a brand preference on something that is to be expected of a Japanese bike and miss out on great opportunities.

Anyway, the 650 is a downgrade from the Volusia, and I consider the Vstar 1100 inferior as well. All things being equal except for the mentioned oil filter location. If those are your choices I would stay with the Volusia or C50 for sure. I do think the Vulcan 900 is an upgrade however.

·
Registered
535 Posts
My brother has an xvs650, and 2 friends have the VN800 and the xvs1100. I've rode them all more than once. None of the bikes mentioned offer as much for me as my C50....before and especially after the DJ mod. The C50 just feels bigger, and longer IMO.

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
I have ridden all three of those (never owned one though) and I liked the Vn800 best. The Yamaha 650 makes a nice looking bobber/old school chopper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.