Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, recently got a 2005 C50 that came with a Cobra Streetrod exhaust. It's quite loud, too loud for my taste. It appears sans baffles, since there's two vacant holes at the end of the pipes I presume are for anchoring optional baffles, although I can see some ridging/baffles in there I don't see any way to remove them so guessing they are integral to the pipe. There's a little smidge of rust right on the underside at the tip but otherwise they are in good shape with no rash, dents or other crash damage.

I'd be willing to swap it for a OEM exhaust (free). I'm not about chasing that extra 1hp or trying to go 2mph faster top end and don't want to be "that guy" who wakes the entire neighborhood up when I leave for work in the morning. From what I've read here, since my '05 does not have O2 sensors, an exhaust from an 01-04 Volusia 800 will work as well.

Located in Austin TX. Ride your bike over, we can swap the exhausts, you ride away with a free Cobra exhaust and get rid of the generally unwanted stocker.

Shoot me a PM if interested or give me a call/text at 518 281 4396. Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the offers, ended up finding a set for sale locally. Of course, when I went to remove the header bolts, the first one twisted off, and the second was about to, so I guess the Cobra's are staying for now. Shoved a couple "can opener" generic baffles in which helped a bit, might be tolerable at this point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts