Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has them for sale, let me know. Thanks!

·
Administrator
16,388 Posts
The JC Whitney boards are only $63.00 brand new.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep I know but if I could get better looking boards (when folded up) for a good deal I would prefer those.

Capt Cruiser said:
The JC Whitney boards are only $63.00 brand new.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Man I LOOOOKED!
And any floorboards that look slick and stay folded up are 200-300 bucks.
With almost zero exceptions.

I just ordered the 63 dollar JC Whitney ones. They should be here tomorrow.
I'll take good pictures and post them when they're on.

I'll also gorilla test them to make sure they aint cheapo's.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Scoundrel said:
Man I LOOOOKED!
And any floorboards that look slick and stay folded up are 200-300 bucks.
With almost zero exceptions.

I just ordered the 63 dollar JC Whitney ones. They should be here tomorrow.
I'll take good pictures and post them when they're on.

I'll also gorilla test them to make sure they aint cheapo's.
I'm looking forward to your gorilla testing report, because I'm getting ready to put on affordable passenger boards too.

Git 'er done.

·
Administrator
16,388 Posts
I've gorilla tested mine, I've jumped on them and I'm not a little guy. I've had them on the bike for 2 years now. Last year I won 3 trophies for best in show with them on.

They are sturdy, and look good when down. But realisticaly, they are only made from stamped metal. This is what makes them look ugly when folded up.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can someone post a pic of the JC boards folded up? I would like to see how "awful" they look. Thanks!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Capt Cruiser,

Just how do these things mount???

I'm looking at them every which way and it almost seems as if mine were fabricated upside down.

Can you post a real close up pic of yours on the bike?

THANKS!!!!!

EDIT:Ha! Nevermind. They shipped them with the hardware all screwed on backwards so they could fit it in a smaller box.
Dang! That's 2 Homer Simpson moments in ONE WEEK!

·
Administrator
16,388 Posts
Scoundrel said:
Capt Cruiser,

Just how do these things mount???

I'm looking at them every which way and it almost seems as if mine were fabricated upside down.

Can you post a real close up pic of yours on the bike?

THANKS!!!!!
I'll add pictures to this post in a few minutes - stand by.

·
Registered
212 Posts
OK......something's different on the bike.

Have you put custom peg mounts on your frame?
Cuz my 2001 Vol's peg mounts are very different from yours.

Mine went on OK, but they seem to be HIgher up, Farther back, and closer in to the bike.

I might have to stop by a dealer today and look at one of the newer models - maybe I can retro fit.

EDIT: Do I see what I think I see? Did you get really slick and swap left and right the peg mounts, and them get them further away from the bike with some hex spacers?

If that's what you did...man, you're Kung-Fu is strong.

·
Registered
212 Posts
GORILLA TEST RESULTS:

Yes, they are strong and can support way more than my weight with no problem.

These boards are stamped steel so the bottom of the board shows that. That's why they don't look good folded up. Also they are nice and large (4.5"X8") so even if they were smooth billet on the bottom, it still might look weird.

Unlike other boards, these have a steel support platform underneath. Someone mounting or dismounting will feel these to be very solid under their feet.

The chrome plating is very good and the rubber grip pad is very firmly attached. These floorboards IMO perform exactly as they should. Look great in normal position, large footing area for passenger, solid support, and once you figure out the mounting (they came without any instructions)
they really are a snap to install. The adjustable angling means you can get the angle just how you want it.

For $63.00 I'm totally satisfied.
Pics later today in my gallery.

·
Administrator
16,388 Posts
Your onto me - very observant.

Yes I swapped the left and right mounts. Used a 3/8" extended hex nut to space them out another 1-1/2". The 8mm bolt goes thru the 3/8" hex nut nicely. Still very sturdy, and it moves the boards forward and down a little.

If you switch the mounts, you have to extend them out or else they will hit the pipes if I remember correctly.

~Jay

·
Registered
47 Posts
MY jc floorboards

hey if you look at my first pic on my profile--you can see mine. I do not remember where I bought the adapters which drop the floorboards down and out but I am sure someone here does.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Can anyone send me the link to these J.C. Whitney floorboards?? I can't find them....

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
These might be the ticket afterall. A link would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
I saw them but then saw that the description say's that they are for a 75-83 GL something....What modification's are needed to make them fit??

1 - 20 of 30 Posts