Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for set of baffles for Vance and Hines Straightshots.
If anyone has original or quiet baffles for sale please let me know. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts
I have the original baffles, I put in the quiet baffles for my StraightShots. $20 plus shipping. Send me your info and I will pm you the shipping costs.

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts
The quiet baffles do fit in the straights. (same as the long shots) The reason they say that they don't make them for that pipe is because the straights do not have a heat shield that covers the whole pipe like the long shots. Heat does build up with these baffles and the pipe does discolor a little where the baffle is placed. Mine have a very slight gold tone to them. It doesn't bother me and I still do plan on doing a black ceramic coating on mine. As far as sound I love the baffles. It does deepen them but the best part for me is that it takes away that high pitch sound that the straights had on the highway. It does not bother everyone but it did me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My solution for the overheating problem with the quiet baffles was to remove the end caps at the rear end of the baffles. I simply ground down the welds and the caps popped off. You still get the lowered rumble but enough straight through exhaust flow so the pipes don't discolor. I really couldn't tell the difference in exhaust note between having the end caps on and with them removed.

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts
If it dosen't change the sound effect that seems like a good solution. I would assume that it is the fiberglass wrap that makes the biggest difference in the sound change. I wonder how long the fiberglass lasts in the baffles. I'm on my second season with the baffles.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That's what I don't like about my straight shots is high pitch on the slab. If it quiets them down some the wife would like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts