Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking to buy a studded grasshopper backrest for a 2004 Vol with a Mustang seat....just wanted to check and see if anyone has one they want to sell before buying new.
Also for those who already have one with the Mustang seat does the back rest come up to high. It looks like in the pics that it's kind of tall. I'm 5'-9" BTW. Can the mounting bracket be modified to sit lower?
Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
Many have the Grasshopper and find it fits perfectly as is but like most things, one size does not fit all. But......nothing a little tweaking can't fix. I personally found it a little high and forward for my liking (Mustang seat). So, I disassembled it (quite easy), redrilled the holes to mount the pad lower on the the bracket (no metal drilling required), fastened the mount on the front of the pad (keep in mind that this is all underneath the padding, this gains an inch), put it back together and now I'm a real happy camper (I'm 5'9").
Install it as you get it, ride with it, then figure out where the adjustments need to be made.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Me too. I didn't like the cap between the rear set and the backpad .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts