Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the smaller oem style engine guards for 05-13 C50 M50.
I had a pair but little did I know they were for 01-04 Volusia and don't work. I have a set of full sized guards, but just want a change up for awhile.
I believe part is : 990A0-75073
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Why wont they work? Have you tried them? As far as I know just the part number changed, but the engine guards did not. I think they will fit.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Why wont they work? Have you tried them? As far as I know just the part number changed, but the engine guards did not. I think they will fit.
Yes, tried them on.. No room at all for brake pedal to move. I think they made 2 diff types.. Once on the brake pedal hits the guard.. I think the newer c50 style was angled out a bit to allow brake pedal movement.

These are the originals I bought, but ironpony does admit that these do not fit 05-13 C50's. (refunded) part 99950-70274

Suzuki VL800 C50 VZ800 M50 Chrome Engine Guard 99950 70274 | eBay

and

http://www.volusiariders.com/47-custom-mods/289578-engine-guards.html

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would have to be bent a bit too much.. When I spoke with ironpony they told me that they contacted Suzuki and that there is a different bar for the 05-13 c50's.

I'll shoot psyco a pm... thanks

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
It would have to be bent a bit too much.. When I spoke with ironpony they told me that they contacted Suzuki and that there is a different bar for the 05-13 c50's.

I'll shoot psyco a pm... thanks
Go buy a set and lay them side by side with yours. Guaranteed same thing. I know because I have already been there. But it's your money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts