Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vintage late 70's or 80s Bates hard bags with chrome side rails. Must be in good condition. Broken locks or missing keys O.K. I will ask for pictures before buying.

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Windburn Bill said:
Vintage late 70's or 80s Bates hard bags with chrome side rails. Must be in good condition. Broken locks or missing keys O.K. I will ask for pictures before buying.
As mentioned, E-bay had several listed last night. If you get the Cycolac (thin) Bates bags I may have a set of NOS chrome rails for sale (someone else is currently interested).

·
Registered
627 Posts
i've got a set with the chrome rails. rails are even good, no rust. not sure i want to sell, but if you don't find anything soon, contact me.
bud

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A nice pair with side rails sold for $82 not to long ago on Ebay. Sure wish I didn't forget that auction was ending and had been there to bid. Could have had them for $83! Two days later just a right sold fo $80 and the Left for $83.
I figure I'll have to paint them so a worn finish is not important. I just need bags with no cracks and rails with no damage, good chrome.

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kcroadrocket said:
i've got a set with the chrome rails. rails are even good, no rust. not sure i want to sell, but if you don't find anything soon, contact me.
bud
PM sent

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Toe Knee said:
Good luck on your quest!

I wish someone would come along and reproduce the bates bages!

If they can reproduce these, then why not the bates?

http://www.bbreproductions.com/index.htm

These are nice too. Maybe if these people new the Bates were in demand they reproduce them. I'm going to e-mail them. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
see if they are interested in makeing a mount for the c50. I think those bags would look NICE on the c50.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts