Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had trouble posting on the old site and to show you how unputer savvy I am,...….. I have no idea what tap talk is. & it took 45 min. to post this !
but you aren't as bad as my bank , it changes things every 3 months for improved service...…..by the way I just purchased a new phone.....yep a flip and I have no clue how to work it …….what happened to the rotory phones? I could really spin a dial in my day!!!!

Reactions: scorpion46

·
Super Moderator
20,800 Posts
I'm still in the less than 1% who still use a flip phone...stand a better chance of finding a rotary phone than finding a phone booth.

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
I don`t have a flip phone but I liked that they fit in your pocket so much better.

·
Super Moderator
4,412 Posts
I'm a Flip.....darn proud of it!!!! Work Flippy, so its FREE!!!! Free is good!

·
Super Moderator
20,800 Posts
ouch on the price...I'll stick with my Rugby anyday...haven't found a phone yet that can take the abuse this one does...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I only want a cell phone to do two things -- make calls, and receive calls. So it's a flip for me! Other people look at me like I am a cave man -- but the phone cost me only $45 and with my 10-cents-a-minute calling plan I spend no more than $10 a month.

·
Administrator
16,333 Posts
I'm still in the less than 1% who still use a flip phone...stand a better chance of finding a rotary phone than finding a phone booth.
Actually was in O'Hare airport yesterday Dennis, guess what they still have? Pay phones. 5 of them lined up.

Guess there are still people that don't have cell phones.

·
Super Moderator
25,728 Posts
We took my kids to Six Flags and there was a cubby hole in the wall near the bathrooms where a pay phone used to be. None of the boys with us that day had any idea what it was. When I told them that it used to have a pay phone mounted in it, they were still confused. Not only had these three boys never seen a pay phone, they've never even seen a corded phone. To them, cell phones are the only phones that exist.

·
The Village Idiot
5,044 Posts
+1 Whiskey on the new Razor. I was down in Texas for a meeting back in October and got to play with it for a bit. It is really nice. Completely seamless where it folds over. I have no clue about it's longevity though, and how long it will hold up there where it flips. It is a pretty cool concept. Guess time will tell how many people shell out that much money for it.

·
Super Moderator
25,728 Posts
+1 Whiskey on the new Razor. I was down in Texas for a meeting back in October and got to play with it for a bit. It is really nice. Completely seamless where it folds over. I have no clue about it's longevity though, and how long it will hold up there where it flips. It is a pretty cool concept. Guess time will tell how many people shell out that much money for it.
I'm jelly. I haven't been able to touch one yet. I really want one. Of course, there are two things holding me back on it.

First, at $1500, it's a bit steep and I can't justify the expense. Second, as you pointed out, we won't know about durability on them until they've been in the wild for a while.

I'm hoping that in a year or two the price will come down and the reliability will be established. I'll just sit here and drool over pics until then.

·
The Village Idiot
5,044 Posts
Yes, and it is 5G compatible. I am hoping that I can get my hands on one for testing purposes. Are you close to Alpharetta? I'm going to head down there in a couple of months for work. Maybe we can grab lunch or something. Unfortunately, I won't be riding.

·
Super Moderator
25,728 Posts
Yes, and it is 5G compatible. I am hoping that I can get my hands on one for testing purposes. Are you close to Alpharetta? I'm going to head down there in a couple of months for work. Maybe we can grab lunch or something. Unfortunately, I won't be riding.
I work in Roswell, not too far from Alpharetta. Let me know when you're here. Love to meet up for lunch somewhere.

·
Premium Member
27,181 Posts
WTH man, go away for a few months and come back to this. Not loving the renovation. Looks like it was bought at Ikea.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
WTH man, go away for a few months and come back to this. Not loving the renovation. Looks like it was bought at Ikea.
I'm going through the same withdrawals. Couldn't find the "like" button for several days. Just found it on this thread. Layout is not very good.

On the phone part of this thread, I've had just about every kind of phone. Before cell phones were out I had a brick phone, had to program it for every call to get it to work.

Had a party line back in the early 60's (one of four houses that got on the same line), Mom and Dad were always mad about others listening in.

Best phone ever, ... Samsung S6 running "Maximum Power Saving Mode", ... no ads, no intrusions, does just what I need, google maps, phone, text, and camera. The best camera of any phone todate. (now they have to have 3 cameras, I guess it's the same as haveing to carry three different cameras with different lenses). Also, the maximum power saver mode is being modified so that you can't charge the phone without taking it out of MPSM. Gotta get your dose of ads so google can get paid. I never saw an ad on a flip phone.

:cool::cool::cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts