Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s official.......I’ve owned my Road Glide the longest out of all of my bikes I previously owned!!!!

I must be losing my touch. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Hmmm, sounds like you are settling. You must be getting old.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Funny, I was thinking the same about my RT .... guess all previous bikes were just "trial and error", thought I do miss the Strat every now and then :)

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL, we are slowing down, Lu.

Of course I must ask: Has it helped you to own a second motorcycle?

I don't think so, but interesting you asked that. I'm about to post the Vstrom for sale really cheap. Found a new hobby.:bandit:

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're just waiting for the new model Road Glide to come out.
Shhhhhh :biglaugh:

That is impressive knowing how you go through bikes. I guess the Road Glide was the bike for you. But there is a little voice in the back of my head saying there is a new bike soon,....very soon.
The fixed fairings are truly the bikes for me. I know the Ruhmore Road Glide is coming in a couple of months, but you know, those new Harleys really really cost a lot now, and do I really really need a color screen to distract me from enjoying the open road?

If Indian came out with a fixed fairing Chiefstain, I would get one. I really really like the liquid cool R1200GSA, but the reliability I just don't know.

Now if Harley came out with a true 100% liquid cool touring bike, I'll be first one on line.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
It’s official.......I’ve owned my Road Glide the longest out of all of my bikes I previously owned!!!!

I must be losing my touch. :biglaugh:

But but but lu..................according to the VR Administrative Motorcycle Resident Expert, there is no way possible that RG could be fast enough.

Not fast enough to be a REAL motorcycle, because it's a Harley ya know.

Maybe fast enough to make it the motorcycle that you've owned longer than any other, but not fast enough to qualify as a really fast motorcycle.

Because as we all know, being really really fast is the only thing that counts when it comes to motorcyles.

·
Super Moderator
57,494 Posts
But but but lu..................according to the VR Administrative Motorcycle Resident Expert, there is no way possible that RG could be fast enough.

Not fast enough to be a REAL motorcycle, because it's a Harley ya know.

Maybe fast enough to make it the motorcycle that you've owned longer than any other, but not fast enough to qualify as a really fast motorcycle.

Because as we all know, being really really fast is the only thing that counts when it comes to motorcyles.
I see what's going on here. He's ignoring you so you have to try and break his balls like this? Cute but then again Friday is your only vodka day of the week anymore. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Funny, my RG will likely do the same! The longest I've had a bike is 39 months, and I'm only at 28 months right now.

We'll see, but I don't think HD could do anything to get me to give up this one. Other than the linked ABS there isn't anything else that tempting.

Somewhere down the road I'll either go Road King or Indian Vintage if I stay cruiser/tourer.

IF!:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
I see what's going on here. He's ignoring you so you have to try and break his balls like this? Cute but then again Friday is your only vodka day of the week anymore.
LOL, just like you to defend the King of cheap shots...........and then drop one yourself.

At least you think I'm cute, just don't hate me because of it.

Nice Ultra, but don't fool yourself into thinking it's fast.

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Funny, my RG will likely do the same! The longest I've had a bike is 39 months, and I'm only at 28 months right now.

We'll see, but I don't think HD could do anything to get me to give up this one. Other than the linked ABS there isn't anything else that tempting.

Somewhere down the road I'll either go Road King or Indian Vintage if I stay cruiser/tourer.

IF!:biglaugh:
got you beat, 41 months for me and the RG, I can’t see you in anything but the RG Bus :biglaugh:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
got you beat, 41 months for me and the RG, I can’t see you in anything but the RG Bus :biglaugh:
I can't either. Since the riding was limited over the winter I've really been putting more into it than ususal $wise!

Also put the dresser duals on, and man, did that wake her up. :wayhappy:

Some PM stuff, and now I have my black cowbells, chrome lowers, and Yaxle all gathered up. Now to get that done.

Getting to the point that I just need to keep it for a while so I wouldn't feel burning on the trade!

And even though I'm 13 months short of time, I'm only 5,000 miles away in miles. I had 32,254 on the 09, and I've got 27,408 on the bus!

Glad you ended up keeping yours! She's a beauty!

Mine as of now!

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
They are going to TRY to do demo days again in a couple weeks (did it last fall).

Gonna do the Ultra Limited again and this time put the wife on the back, that may be a mistake. You know what they say, if you stop at the ice cream store everyday eventually you're gonna walk out with a cone.

·
Administrator
29,599 Posts
It happens like this, I went through 8 bikes in 5 years... And settled on one... Er OK, two, I really like. Linked ABS is nice though... But Ive got it:biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts