Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, despite the monsoon that is expected here tomorrow, I'm riding Bessie over to my local bike shop so next week he can put on my new tires, saddlebags, do the oil change, all-over check, inspection sticker..... Then, all I need is some SUNSHINE and WARM WEATHER! YaHoooooo!!!! :wayhappy:

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm still waiting for good weather so I can lower mine 2 1/2", put on my motiv dj drive, cobra stree slashdowns, and chrome lowers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The day was great here today in East Texas, warm and overcast. Then it turned quick with high winds breaking tree limbs and huge rain drops! It was the first time I had rode in heavy rain and winds. I had to go slow as the bike was being pushed around but since it was warm it was AWESOME :)

·
Super Moderator
8,879 Posts
My driveway is 600 feet of slippery mud, connecting to 1/2 mile of town and village streets that have so much sand on them that my Subaru would skid. <Sigh>

Dr. Pepper needed his 7,500-mile service back in the fall. I hope I can get him to the shop before June.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
My driveway is 600 feet of slippery mud, connecting to 1/2 mile of town and village streets that have so much sand on them that my Subaru would skid. <Sigh>
I'm sorry. I know that's not fun.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was a too-short 8 miles of pure heaven! I even got a few cager "beeps" to help celebrate a bike out on the road ...... at least I think that's why they were beeping! :biglaugh: Managed to avoid all the sand that still on the roads. It felt GOOD!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Still a little too wet and sandy for me to ride. But I did go out and start the C50. It was music to my ears. Maybe I'll be able to ride sometime next week.

AL

·
Registered
795 Posts
Started the bikes today and let them warm up a bit, tomorrow i intend to ride the GZ 250 i will need to wait till the start of April to plate and insure the C 50

·
Registered
20 Posts
It was another great day for a ride here in East Texas. Took the bride to Dairy Queen for ice cream on the bike this afternoon :wayhappy:

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Was a great day to ride here today! But I was working on the garden all day instead. Finally a break in the weather to give me the 12 hours needed to get set up. Planted the strawberries and some other stuff with more to put in tomorrow. Maybe I can ride tomorrow. (But I have been bundling up and riding in the cold...doesn't seem so cold with the big grin on my face.)

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hoping Woodswoman's driveway dries up soon! Been there with my prior home, though not 600 feet worth, and the small community didn't have the $$ to keep up the roads either. :cry:

·
Administrator
16,305 Posts
:curse: No riding for me any time soon - brought the bike in for a scheduled service 2 weeks ago (I usually do all my own, but I had a tranny noise I wanted them to look at while the bike was still under warranty), and they broke a part on the fuel pump while doing the service - they are out of stock at the manufacturer might be 2-3 weeks and they still have to figure out what the noise is after they repair the pump - looks like April may be shot :curse:

That's why I do all my own service work usually......Grrrrr!!!!!

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:curse: No riding for me any time soon - brought the bike in for a scheduled service 2 weeks ago (I usually do all my own, but I had a tranny noise I wanted them to look at while the bike was still under warranty), and they broke a part on the fuel pump while doing the service - they are out of stock at the manufacturer might be 2-3 weeks and they still have to figure out what the noise is after they repair the pump - looks like April may be shot :curse:

That's why I do all my own service work usually......Grrrrr!!!!!

Oh No!!! I'd be rather PEEVED as well. Time to get out that voodoo doll for revenge! :evil:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts