Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 3" HK Big straights from Slimbone installed. THEY ROCK!!!!
Notes to self: Open garage door before starting bike. :D :D :D

Bring home more earplugs!!!

And the caliper cover is cool too!!

Ride Safe,
Rex

Pics will follow when I can get the bike out of the garage.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SFC_StJohn said:
C'mon Rex, get those pics posted!!! Let's see 'em.
Not till the SNOW gets removed from out of in front of the garage door. It is only 3 deg F at the present so I'm just not in that big a hurry to freeze my azz off. Hi today only in the teens. It isn't supposed to be this cold till January and February.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
shooterrex said:
SFC_StJohn said:
C'mon Rex, get those pics posted!!! Let's see 'em.
Not till the SNOW gets removed from out of in front of the garage door. It is only 3 deg F at the present so I'm just not in that big a hurry to freeze my azz off. Hi today only in the teens. It isn't supposed to be this cold till January and February.

Ride Safe,
Rex
I know exactly what you mean. My car is sitting outside with all the lines frozen up and I'm just not in a real big hurry to get out there with a hair dryer to get them thawed out....

·
Premium Member
5,143 Posts
We will want some updated pics Shooter, talk about cold I went bowhunting yesterday morning it was -11 when I got out of my truck and headed to my stand BRRRRRR!!!

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bf4cm28 said:
We will want some updated pics Shooter, talk about cold I went bowhunting yesterday morning it was -11 when I got out of my truck and headed to my stand BRRRRRR!!!
Funny you should mention bow hunting. The conservation officer for the county came into the gun shop today. I ask him if he was glad that deer season was over (except for the late bow season). He said yes but he just didn't quite understand the folks still sitting in their tree stands with their bows freezin their butts off. I will get some new pics up shortly. I can move the bags back and down now that the new pipes give me more room to move the bags lower. I am working on that right now. Plus I think I have found some rear crash bars for a soft tail that will work with minimum modification.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
Remember Rex, they weren't always mine... they used to be Swagfu's! And Swag bought them used from somebody too! Your pipes have been around! :wink: :D

Keep this in mind... unless you wear a 3/4 helmet most of the time, get used to wearing earplugs next season. The first two weeks I had them installed, I always went without, but quickly learned that they're just a little too loud on the freeway.

Real glad you like 'em. There's nothing like riding past 90% of the bad boy Harley guys with louder pipes. 8) And Rex, I'm purchasing my new pipes on Thursday. :!:

-Slim

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes they are experienced pipes but they still sound gooooood.
My brothers wife is a Dr of audiology and is going to make me some earplugs with ear buds in them so I can ride and hear the MP3 player.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Shotterrex,

Damn good looking bike...what are the hardbags off of or where did you get them....considering a set myself and trying to decide to buy used Harleys and redo or buy new....thanks

raztus

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
raztus said:
Shotterrex,

Damn good looking bike...what are the hardbags off of or where did you get them....considering a set myself and trying to decide to buy used Harleys and redo or buy new....thanks

raztus
They are old Shoei hard bags. They show up on ebay every once and a while. I found these at a local used bike parts shop. They are nice and I like the lights on the back(currently just brake lights) but I wish they held more stuff. There is a member here I think in Mo. that sells hard bags that are nice looking and only about $300.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I liked the lights to....here is a set of BUCO's on eBay that I am considering but the bid is already at 275$:

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DS06C50T said:
Snow, schmoe! Take the darn pix while it's in the garage, we can handle it!
OK Here they are:

Went for a nice ride today for about 2 hours it made it up to 31 deg today with sunshine. These pipes ROCK!!!

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
Those look sooo good on your ride with them hard cases! Congrats, Rex!

And damn you all at the same time... I haven't ridden in over 5 weeks. :cry:

-Slim

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It had been almost 2 1/2 weeks I was going through withdrawal.....

Ride Safe,
Rex

1 - 19 of 19 Posts