Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
There was only one Woodstock often imitated never duplicated. Anything they call it is just another music fest. Today’s music ain’t got the same soul I like that old time rock n roll

·
Super Moderator
58,091 Posts
Woodstock was for liberals like we all once were. Now we go to grownup things like orgies with country playing.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Merriweather Post as a concert venue is what turned me off of live music, or rather the fact that I blacked out there one evening during an Allman Brothers concert, around the time they went into one of those super long musical jams that people seem to love.

I came to my senses as they finally ended what seemed to be a monumental guitar/drum exploration of what was the least enjoyable sounds and rhythms from those instruments, only to discover that I had blacked out for two years, and had a different girlfriend, and a different job.

I was no longer managing a bar kitchen, I was now in fact driving school bus:biglaugh:

The early 90's might have been fun, but damned if I can remember.

·
Super Moderator
25,653 Posts
I experienced a similar blackout at a Poison concert and came to at a Godsmack concert some time around 2005. Found out I was getting married soon. Apparently I served time in the Air Force at some point in there. It's all a blur but I've been told that I had fun.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I often used to wonder what it was about alcohol, blacking out, and peeing in closets.

·
Super Moderator
20,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
no sense of humor....sometimes one has to improvise...get the urge, you do the math if you'll make it or not...if not find the next best option...

·
Registered
20,370 Posts
Not to change the subject, but boss just texted me that I won a raffle for 4 tixs to see Santana & doobie Brothers in a week and a half.
Work is exclusive soda provider for the venue. They also built a party deck there in exchange for tixs for all shows. Work then has drawings for those tixs.

·
Super Moderator
8,934 Posts
Not to change the subject, but boss just texted me that I won a raffle for 4 tixs to see Santana & doobie Brothers in a week and a half.
Work is exclusive soda provider for the venue. They also built a party deck there in exchange for tixs for all shows. Work then has drawings for those tixs.
Sweet! You're getting your taste of Woodstock '69 right there!

Santana was one of the first acts to sign with the promoter who failed to put the concert together at Watkins Glen, and at Vernon Downs, and in Maryland.

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Saw Santana at the Spectrum in Philly they were awesome enjoy the show

21 - 40 of 110 Posts