Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning my work space in the garage and put my kick stand up to move my 2003 volusia 800. I put the stand back down it collapsed and the bike fell. Now I can't get above neutral.

·
Super Moderator
30,491 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

I assume the bike fell over on the left side. What does it feel like when you try to shift? I would suspect that you bent the shift lever arm or possibly broke the linkage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I assume the bike fell over on the left side. What does it feel like when you try to shift? I would suspect that you bent the shift lever arm or possibly broke the linkage.

I can shift into 1st easily and up to neutral from first easily.
Yes it was the left side thank you.
I can't go up past neutral to any other gear .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was cleaning my work space in the garage and put my kick stand up to move my 2003 volusia 800. I put the stand back down it collapsed and the bike fell. Now I can't get above neutral.
I can shift into 1st easily and up to neutral from first easily.
Yes it was the left side thank you.
I can't go up past neutral to any other gear .
Its a 2003 volusia 800 40th edition

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heel-toe shifter?
Just toe

It was the linkage, took me a minute but I figured it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

It was the linkage, took me a minute but I figured it out.

·
Super Moderator
30,491 Posts
Great to hear you got it sorted out. Thanks for the update.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts