Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 C50. K&N air filter and the exhaust has been drilled. (Before I got it)

One time you start her and it purrs like a kitten, next time it won't idle and dies. Dies at stop signs, lights ect. Sometimes it will die just as you start to take off leaving intersection. But the next 30 times you stop it's perfect. All issues happen hot or cold.

Tearing my hair out here!

Took it to the dealer and the TPS values were out so the reset them. Rode it home worked great. Got it home and shut it off went to restart and it won't idle.

It's so random I feel it's probably electrical. But could really use some help. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
33,464 Posts
Clogged fuel filter? Lots of guys have drilled exhaust and don't have issues, so I doubt that's the problem.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
cracked vacuum line?

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Worked great after TPS values were set and now it is acting up again.

I'd have those values rechecked. It is possible for that sensor to error intermittently (but I think it would throw an FI code).

The bad news is they don't sell the sensor. The good news is you may be able to find someone who will part out a throttle body and sell you a used TPS sensor.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Vacuum leak

dirty injectors

old/bad fuel

Throttle position sensor

possible crankshaft position sensor

Wiring/connections to the sensors/ecm

Check all vacuum hoses especially the ones to the intake air pressure sensors on the intake ducts.... both ends....

Add some ''Sea Foam'' to the fuel tank and ride it. That might help dirty injectors.

How long since the valves were set. If you have really tight valve settings so the valves are not closing completely when the engine is hot, that would affect your idle more than the higher rpms

Get a ''dealer mode switch'' and learn to use it.. you can check the TPS settings yourself. this thread might help.

http://www.volusiariders.com/60-help/282801-how-access-dealer-mode-05-20xx.html

sensor adjustment problems likely won't throw a code.

Go over all the connectors and wires for obvious problems. disconnect and reconnect the connectors.

worry about the CPS last.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
had a similar issue once...tirned out to be clogged throttle bodies.
Spraying ''combustion chamber cleaner'' into the open intake might help or removing the intake duct and using the same on the removed throttle body.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's at the dealer and the mech called and said he's stumped. It's doing it to him but has check all listed above and isn't finding any issues all check out good. Thanks for the help. I'll let ya know if we find the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.