Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21,034 Posts
I'll answer that for you. YES. It IS worth the cost to have a sturdy rack to mount your tour pack.

·
Super Moderator
32,419 Posts
Yeah, definitely with the cost for high quality when you're depending on it. Cheap is fine for shiny bits, but I never try to save money on the core components. Enjoy the rack. Hope you get a lot of use out of it.

·
Super Moderator
32,419 Posts
Ooh! Yeah, that's not good. Cheap Chinese steel doesn't hold up well to stress and elements.

·
Registered
21,034 Posts
thanx! i agree , cant wait to get it and install it mounted one on the luggage rack within two rides saw stress marks on the chrome and it bounced alot
That's what I keep telling people, but they want to try to reinvent the wheel.

Reactions: Socalcruiser

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Received my wompus rack really impressed with the care put into every detail from packaging to the product quality of the rack to detailed notes and the precisely designed mounting holes and hardware made install go smoothly just very nice to see something made right went on a 120 mile ride no bouncing very sturdy very happy with this purchase if you are going to put a tour pack on this rack is a must

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pictures of wompus rack with tour pack from yesterday’s ride

Attachments

·
Registered
21,034 Posts
Looks good, but something to keep in mind; per. the Owners Manual "The combined weight of the rider, passenger, riding gear, accessories and cargo must never exceed load capacity of 206 kg
(454 lbs). the accessory and cargo weight must never exceed 25kg (55 lbs)." The weight of the rack and tour pack puts you right at that limit. Adding any cargo to the case, will put you over the limit.

The Vehicle Weight Rating is based on the ability for the suspension and brakes to adequately handle adverse conditions, but still keep you in control of the bike. The fairing, farkles and luggage all contribute to that limit, which means you can easily over-load the bike with you and a passenger, or just you and your luggage. You're trying to arrest all that mass with an anemic single disc up front and a mechanical drum brake from the 1870s.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you for the warning however I do not plan on loading the trunk or the saddlebags too heavy mainly use them for jackets and when I stop to lock up the helmets and maybe grab something from the store me and the wife are 365 the rest of the add ons do not weigh more then 45 pounds with tool bag and gloves and jackets and a lunch pail but common sense told me that good to know the specific weight limits though thank you sir

1 - 16 of 16 Posts