Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever buy a new bike then leave for 3 weeks 2 days after buying it??? Talk about serious withdrawals! :( Guess thats life right??

Thankfully 1 week of this 3 week trip is down and I'll be back home!

Just had to vent.. 8)

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
can feel for ya.
Even worse is having it in the garage and your twisted knee joint won't let you walk over and ride it.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Boy no kidding!

Was in the garage painting doors today just staring at the bike...I could'nt help myself!

Had to stop and go ride that baby :p

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Heading out to Florida this morning for a week and can't take the bike. Can't wait till I get back home! Oh yeah, I mean to see my wife again...... :shock:

·
Registered
284 Posts
I got mine from a location 500 miles away of my place. I went there and picked it up, rode it all the way home (arrived home at midnight) then next morning I had left for 2 weeks. Without the bike, of course.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
I certainly know that feeling!

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
3 weeks sounds like an inital to me. Are you getting a type rating?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FlyBoyPhil said:
I wish! I'm actually in the other end of the aviation field.. I investigate aircraft accidents for a living.. doing a two week course here and an additional week in HQ then back home.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
jc_asi said:
FlyBoyPhil said:
I wish! I'm actually in the other end of the aviation field.. I investigate aircraft accidents for a living.. doing a two week course here and an additional week in HQ then back home.
That's cool, I think that'd be interesting. Got to help some of our local FSDO guys with three crashes over the years when I was in maintenance. The toughest one was a small plane with a guy and his daughter and the little girl ended up dying in the hospital some time later...all because the dillhole was too cheap to put a little gas on before coming home. He started sputtering over the airport I was working out of and couldn't find the field. After looking for like 5 minutes he ended up crashing in a field about 1/2 mile from the end of the runway.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
jc_asi said:
Ever buy a new bike then leave for 3 weeks 2 days after buying it??? Talk about serious withdrawals! :( Guess thats life right??

Thankfully 1 week of this 3 week trip is down and I'll be back home!

Just had to vent.. 8)
the weather has been crappy.... snow, sleet, rain... etc... BUT it is suppose to be nice this weekend... :) sorry...

btw Josh... you take GREAT pictures!!!!!!

I ESPECIALLY LOVE THE 12th MAN FLAG !!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FlyBoyPhil said:
jc_asi said:
FlyBoyPhil said:
That's cool, I think that'd be interesting. Got to help some of our local FSDO guys with three crashes over the years when I was in maintenance. The toughest one was a small plane with a guy and his daughter and the little girl ended up dying in the hospital some time later...all because the dillhole was too cheap to put a little gas on before coming home. He started sputtering over the airport I was working out of and couldn't find the field. After looking for like 5 minutes he ended up crashing in a field about 1/2 mile from the end of the runway.
It is an interesting job for sure. Alway different scenarios and rarely the same. Not to mention being able to contribute to aviation safety, etc. Oh, and if you search the NTSB's accident database, you'll be amazed how many people run out of fuel.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments on the photos... just a hobby of mine.. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts