1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
AN app to automatically call for help when It thinks you have crashed. Not something I want. Reminds me of those Help things for the older folks "who have fallen and can't get up"

REALRIDER® is the must-have app for motorcyclists that could save your life. Powered by REALsafe®, the app automatically detects if you’ve had a crash & contacts the Ambulance Service with your last known location & medical details.

·
Registered
286 Posts
More "nanny-state" tech? As helpful as this might be does the frequency of such incidents correlate with the cost of the product? Is it possible that state or national legislation might require the addition of this APP to future vehicles/riders, whereby the manufacturers or dealers must pass on this cost to the consumer? Sometimes I hate technology.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The "navigation" part of this app is what was interesting.

The nanny state part is optional but interesting as it has a time delayed way to disable it before it actually dials 911 for you.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you tried it? It says the nanny state stuff is the only thing that is limited to the UK. I have a feeling the navigation piece will work stateside.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
It never occurred to me that the navigation parts might work in the United States, but your suggestion made me decide to download it and try it. I think it actually will work, give me a week or so to play with it and I'll let you know how it works.
Whiskey, thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ride around randomly, picking out small windy country roads as I go... as I assume most people do...even if this app worked correctly, wouldnt work for me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts