Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clear-coated over the decals

'39 Ford teardrop LED tail lights (running, stop, and turn) LED lighted license plate frame.

A little metal fabrication, a little chroming, Jardine down pipes, and a replica muffler originally used on the 1958-66 Harley FLs and this is what I came up with.

Solo

Ready for cruising with a hot babe...

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
sweet! looks great darlin! :D

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great looking bike. Love what you have done. Got a couple questions for you. Did you have any problems getting the decals to lay flat on the rounded surface of the tank? Also I am not familiar with clear coating. Could you give a few tips on what to use and how to do it ? Looks like a good way to personalize your bike.

·
Premium Member
23,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oilman said:
Great looking bike. Love what you have done. Got a couple questions for you. Did you have any problems getting the decals to lay flat on the rounded surface of the tank? Also I am not familiar with clear coating. Could you give a few tips on what to use and how to do it ? Looks like a good way to personalize your bike.
Decals go on nice if you take your time and use a little water mist as they recommend. I had these decals on for the last 3 years. To do this project right it involved removing the decals, scuffing the tank up a little so the new clearcoat would stick, putting NEW decals on, then 3 coats of clearcoat over everything.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Handsome bike, next time include picture of hot babe

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
WOW :shock: that's a first....WGD in a a BLACK shirt

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
wehrd1 said:
WOW :shock: that's a first....WGD in a a BLACK shirt
Really, I bought some silver bullett lights from him and even the packing paper was tye dyed.

·
Premium Member
23,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Umple Z said:
Dave,
Is that "rattle can" clear coat, or HVLP?
Nah...I had it done professionally. The guy has done about 15 jobs for me over the years, so I get a pretty good rate. He only charged me $50. :D

·
Premium Member
23,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
msbutrfly said:
Dave looks really good... :wink: when we going for a ride? :D
SOON, sweet thannnnng...and we won't need the BIKE! :twisted: :wink:

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
looks great dave.

ride safe!