Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some aftermarket flowing blinkers for my bike. New ones come with 3 wires attached Red(acc) Yellow(turn signal) Black(ground obvi). The old signals have 2 coming off each. 2 are black w/white stripe. 1 black w/red spots the last one is light green w/red spot. Could use a little help

Registered
Most probably new LEDs have running light capacity (red wire). Your original blinkers are on/off type. Additionally, you will need an LED specific turn signal relay - that part is specific to the make and model of your bike; what is it by the way? What is the model of the new blinker (link)?

If you can't easily figure out what the new blinker wires supposed to do, connect to a 12 VDC power source, and see how they behave. You might have to put both red and yellow on the positive simultaneously for turn signal to work.

Strictly speaking, connecting red wire in running light capacity is not required if your bike doesn't have running/turn signal lights OEM, but a lot of people mode their bike to have running lights. I did, so a lot of others: LED turn lights

Also check blinker fluid levels. If low, top-off with this or reputable alternative Blinker Fluid For Sale!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Most probably new LEDs have running light capacity (red wire). Your original blinkers are on/off type. Additionally, you will need an LED specific turn signal relay - that part is specific to the make and model of your bike; what is it by the way? What is the model of the new blinker (link)?

If you can't easily figure out what the new blinker wires supposed to do, connect to a 12 VDC power source, and see how they behave. You might have to put both red and yellow on the positive simultaneously for turn signal to work.

Strictly speaking, connecting red wire in running light capacity is not required if your bike doesn't have running/turn signal lights OEM, but a lot of people mode their bike to have running lights. I did, so a lot of others: LED turn lights

Also check blinker fluid levels. If low, top-off with this or reputable alternative Blinker Fluid For Sale!
I do need an electronic blinker relay. I'm having trouble finding one at the moment. Any ideas where to find it. I got a 2004 volusia 800

Super Moderator
Great intro James! Welcome and enjoy. I'm sure someone can help you through this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts