Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to route the electrical wires through the handlebars I added. I had to cut the wires to feed them through. When I went to splice them back together I noticed that two wires on the clutch side are identical. At least I think they are identical. I'm color blind. Had someone with normal vision look at them and they said they were identical. Can this be true? It just does not seem like that makes any sense to me. Any one know what the heck I'm talking about. They were dark with a yellow stripe on them (I think)

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
you should have what you ride in your signature or say what it is when you ask for help. There are small changes to the bike according to the year like Fuel Ijection on '05 and up

below is for '05 and up I hope you year fit in there:

black w/ yellow stripe is clutch switch.

clymer book show 2 of them. One goes from the clutch to the starter relay and the other to a bus bar then is blk w/ white stipes and spread to your turn signals

really should get aa clymer book on the bike. It has a color wiring diagram in the back and can help w/ maintenance.. You can have a non imparied friend make notes on what you can't see on it for you.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got an 05 bouley....yeah a color book might help....but just not me :D The more I think about it the more I think someone else might be better looking at it. The wires I clipped went into a yellow clip I think there were 11 or 12 wires in there but I could be wring What's the worse thing that can happen. I cross two wires....

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
....and have a $200- $300 repair when then that assembly shorst out and burns out. / shrug

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
When doing stuff like this I try to take good color digital pics when I take stuff apart. Then I can look at the pics when I try and put them back together.
It helps me remember what is what. If you posted a pic of the plug the wires go to maybe someone can look at their bike and tell you what is what.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did have the darn thing marked with some tape but the stupid thing just didn't stay on. Could try the picture thing....great idea

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
turns out there were two wires that were black with a yellow stripe. That is weird I think but I noticed one had silver ticks on the yellow and the other had silver ticks on the black....connected them and viola works great...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts