Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a batwing fairing from Hoppe Industries with the stereo in it. Got installed but can't figure out how to properly wire... Ground is on negative on battery and there are two other wires. One brown and one blue... Not sure how to wire so that the stereo only comes on when I turn the key of the bike... As is it stays on regardless if bike is on. HELP!!!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
You have an orange/blue wire in your headlight bucket. That plug is an accessory meant for the OEM light bar. But you can tap into that. Other than that, I wired a relay into my bike which runs off the battery but its trigger wire is the accessory wire. So it shuts off when i turn the key off. It runs my radio.

I connected a fuse box to the relay, so my stereo is run off a 10 amp fuse from the fuse box. You can then wire whatever accessories you want from it.

·
Pearly Gates Chapter
4,789 Posts
Got Wires?

Got a batwing fairing from Hoppe Industries with the stereo in it. Got installed but can't figure out how to properly wire... Ground is on negative on battery and there are two other wires. One brown and one blue... Not sure how to wire so that the stereo only comes on when I turn the key of the bike... As is it stays on regardless if bike is on. HELP!!!!
Hey Hogs, in most cases the blue wire is the remote turn-on and the brown should be illumination. You can splice into a instrument cluster lead like a powered cigarette lighter which I did with my Alpine Head unit. What Lightwield said, always have a 25a fuse box closest to the battery lead. Hope this helps. Best, D.

My nephew had a fairing kit w/stereo on a older RoadKing with a detached connectors, let me check with him too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.