Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1

Super Moderator
A 30 year old pack of cigarettes? 馃ぎ

Seriously, did someone keep them just thinking they were going to be a collector's item, or did they toss them in the back of a drawer and suddenly find them. I have questions.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #3
depends on how you look at it...when I quit drinking which in 5 days will be 28 years ago, I took the last bottle of beer I had in the fridge and put it on a shelf in my workshop area in my garage...for most in the quitting stage of drinking would disagree with my saving the full bottle, would tell me why risk the temptation, I always figured the liquor store is just 2 miles down the road if I really want to drink again...if I'm serious to myself about stopping, then just don't drink...there will always be a reason. In the above case I'd like to think he's more like me,,,a collector of useless and worthless junk.

Registered
I think I have a jacket somewhere in the house. Kids gave it to me for Xmas one year way back when.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #5
list it on ebay or in a HD forum...probably sell it for whatever you ask.

Registered
馃槀 馃槀 馃槀鈽

Registered
"I took the last bottle of beer I had in the fridge and put it on a shelf in my workshop area in my garage..."

I did that with cigarettes I carried a unopened pack in my shirt pocket so as having the security of having them if needed & and to curse at the pack when I wanted to smoke one ie I am stronger than you nicotine etc.
you should see the look on peoples faces when they would ask me for a smoke and I told them I didnt have any while they were looking at the pack in my shirt pocket.
I still have the pack sitting on my mantle dated October 4th 1994 people have never heard of anyone doing this ,
now that dennis did the same with beer I am scared that we thought alike eeeeccchhhh!!!!
by the way I went from 3 /31/2 packs aday to zero I read phillip morris was adding chemicals that made me smoke 3 packs a day and that really pissed me off enough to quit, I never thought I could quit and just decided I was a nicotine junkie and I would die at a early age but never considered trying to quite

Reactions: Woodswoman

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #10
congrats on the elimnation of smoking...the day my son was born, July 9,1981, the first time I held him, I realized I wanted to be around to hold his first child, so I took the pack of cigarettes from my shirt pocket, amd threw them in the trash and never smoked again. Have made alot of bad decisions in my life...made a few good ones too. .

Super Moderator
When I quit smoking I couldn't have had the "will pack" floating around. I'd have figured out some way to justify opening them and smoking them.

I had to time my cigarettes to smoke my last one before I went to bed and then, in my head, I didn't really quit smoking, I just quit buying them. The way I saw it, I didn't need permanent will power to avoid smoking, I just had to have will power while I was in a store that sold them.

I do still have a lot of lighters floating around. They're like roaches, every time I move something another one crawls out.

Super Moderator
I quit smoking cigarettes almost 10 years ago but I still manage to end up with roaches and lighters 馃槙

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #13
congrats on the 10 years...so curious...about that 24 smile on your face,,, does it come from life w/o cigarettes,,,or from the Beezer walks with roaches...

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #15
theres nothing normal about you...just my opinion of course.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts