Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to forum. I have a 2007 Suzuki C50 for which I just bought the factory windshield and brackets. That produced a ton of head buffeting as I'm sure people are aware of. My question is - what lowers are available for this bike and its setup with the factory shield. I want to use Memphis Shades lowers & bracket but it says I have to move the turn signals. I just did that to get the factory shield on and don't really want to move them again. There's conflicting advice as to what will fit. All I know is that it needs something, quickly and badly. The double vision alone is enough to make you want to go screaming into the night.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I liked the Memphis Shade mounting brackets because it looks like they would rotate better if you weren't satisfied with something in a more fixed position. But the website looks like you have to remount the turn signals. I almost ruined the connectors to relocate them for the factory shield and I don't wish to revisit that mess. Others say that they will work. Does anyone have the Memphsis Shades brackets or know if they fit or not?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts

I installed the Value Accessory Chrome Lowers with OEM windshield. I replaced the big round side reflectors (Slight interference fit with fork compression) with little liscense plate reflectors, and added Harley Stick on Yellow Fork reflectors. I liked the look of the Chrome Air Deflectors :wayhappy:. Not cheap but chrome never is.

Chrome Air Deflectors, Suzuki Volusia VL800 / C50

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
But will the Memphis Shades 2850-0143 wind deflectors work with a stock factory windshield?

1-800-318-4823 J&P cycles customer service may be able to help with Memphis Shades; they sell them and charge $30 to $40 for the lowers and $50 to $60 for the Lowers mounts. J&P has a 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed! I may be misreading their site because $50 to $60 for lower mounts does seem excessive.

I have mounted the Value Accessories Chrome Lowers and they are $112 with mount I think a much better deal but I definitely prefer chrome to acrylic or clear plastic.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Two Red Ryders - how do yours attach? I was leary of them because I have the stock w/shield and you do not. Memphis Shades is basically a one clamp deal around the fork tube. How does yours attach? I'm worried about any potential lower interfering with the turn signal or bottom of the windshield.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Two Red Ryders - how do yours attach? I was leary of them because I have the stock w/shield and you do not. Memphis Shades is basically a one clamp deal around the fork tube. How does yours attach? I'm worried about any potential lower interfering with the turn signal or bottom of the windshield.
Actually I too have the stock shield, We use the letters OEM for Original Equipment Manufacture.
Left mouse click on the underlined phrase below and it will take you to the value accessories web site selling the chrome lowers. More pictures and info there. You can reach them live at 888-532-0166 during normal working hours tomorrow. The picture is mounted on Dan Raidt's C50 with OEM Shield and Light Bar. You should call them tomorrow they will be able to expain the mounting It's a bolt to the tree and a clamp on the tube. It definitely works with the OEM (Suzuki stock) windshield. But like I said when you go over big bumps and use the front shock to absorb the bump with the shock it may interfere with the yellow reflector I replaced with a much smaller reflector and for better visibility installed Harley's stick on Fork Reflectors really improves the look. some just break off the tab for holding the big round reflector I just left the tab on an mounted a small blue license plate reflector designed to hold on plates. Probably a no no to use blue but it looks nice.

With the Value Accessory system the lowers do not move in relation to the windshield but as the wheel moves up and down the big round reflector comes up and can hit the bottom of the lowers. Fixed per above info. It is also possible to bend the reflector mount so their is no interference but I prefer the Harley reflector mounted on the tube really looks nice and provides better side visibility.:wayhappy:

Suzuki Volusia VL800 / C50

·
Registered
281 Posts
I too am using the value accessory lowers with the stock windshield. The install is no problem, they will fit. They also look terrific.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put the value accessories chrome lowers on my 04 volusia last year due to all the recommendations here. They were very easy to install and help a lot with the buffeting. Not perfect but an improvement for sure. They also look nice!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
With my Value Accessories Lowers once I had my windshield at the height I wanted I loosened my windshield screws two at a time (top and bottom) and used hand pressure to adjust for maximum upright position. Very good results I have been tempted to further enlarge the slots a little where I like the screws for my height to allow for even more upright placement of the windshield but as it works so well I haven't tried it yet. As you bring the screen more upright it makes the top of the screen a little higher.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I want to ask again - anyone try the Memphis Shades lower mounting brackets and windscreens (the 5"x14" or whatever) with stock windshield on a 2005-2009 C50 without relocating the turn signals? I guess after 2009, it's not necessary. But all I've called say you must relocate the turn signals to use MS brackets & lowers,

Mounting brackets are the 2321-0038 and wind deflectors are the 2350-0143 number.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts