Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to install a new headlight that has the turn signals integrated into it. I'd like to be able to remove the stock turn signals and keep my windshield, but it looks like the windshield bracket is welded to the turn signal bracket. Am I going to mess anything up if I cut the welds to separate the brackets?

Thanks,
CG

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
It is actually the other way around: the turn signal brackets are welded to the windshield bracket. Remove one bolt at the bottom of the bracket, and you can pull plastic cover away. Be gentle, plastic prongs are brittle (especially on older bikes).
If you decide to cut them away anyway: aside from a bit of chrome, I don't think structural integrity would be impacted in any way. Alternatively, just remove the turn signals, put the plastic cover back on, and you are good.

This eBay posting has the windshield bracket shown without the turn signals: https://www.ebay.com/itm/06-Suzuki-Boulevard-VL-800-Windshield-Wind-Screen/303132768628?hash=item46941ef974:g:jUgAAOSwTmxcvUFI

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
You can simply remove the signals. Not much to be gained grinding off the bracket. No matter what accessory you might want to install on the bike, how it interplays with exising Stock hardware is always a consideration. Some stuff fits with no issues. There is a significant amount of wiring inside the headlight bucket if the whole thing is removed to install your new assembly. Memphis shades shields have their own way of mounting. A bike without a OEM windshield has a painted bracket that mounts the signals and the chrome cover. OEM windshield basically incorporates the signal bracket into the windshield mount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts