Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
All joking aside, the sense that I've gotten is that Polaris's work with Indian has made Victory move down a peg. There was a time not so long ago when they seemed like a viable competitor with H-D. Now I'm not so sure where they are in the pecking order.

Of course, I have no sales figures to back this up.

·
Super Moderator
26,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
growing up in the era of The Jetsons"...I truly believed by the turn of the century riding one of these would be available...maybe not affordable but for the rich and famous ...we would see them flying about.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Now if you really want to see ugly just look at the bottom of your post. 1929 all over again.:wayhappy:
Better than George Jetson/Buck Rogers! :biglaugh:

If you think my bike looks like something from 1929, well, you just don't know a whole lot about motorcycles! Oh, wait, I should have known that! After all, you bought a Victory! What do you know about what looks good? :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
"Man, I wish I'd bought that Harley instead of this ugly wannabe!"

Perfect! (should be Victory's new slogan)

or maybe.........

^^^^^^^^"Man, I wish Polaris hadn't come out with the new Indians, it was hard enough already, but now we'll NEVER sell these weird, fugly motorcycles with the goofy looking crash bars, and rear fenders that stick out two feet past the rear tire!"

(should be the poor Victory dealer's new slogan!)

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Registered
806 Posts
I would say not a want to be, but different. I don't have a clue why you would say that any victory was a want to be. It is a step up (they don't have to shut down a cylinder to avoid heat problems.) The best thing you could do with the picture of your ride is to photo shop and stretch the front end so it doesn't look like it just crashed into a garbage truck

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I would say not a want to be, but different. I don't have a clue why you would say that any victory was a want to be. It is a step up (they don't have to shut down a cylinder to avoid heat problems.) The best thing you could do with the picture of your ride is to photo shop and stretch the front end so it doesn't look like it just crashed into a garbage truck
You're taking all this too seriously! :eek:utcold:

The best thing you could do with your ride is dig a hole and bury it. Maybe you could dump it on Stevie Wonder! At least he can't see what a styling ''abortion'' it is! ;)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Well...............bashing fest over, I guess! ;)............all in good fun, I hope........seriously, enjoy your bike, whatever it is, and ride safe everyone!

Oh, FYI, I like all motorcycles, so never, ever, take my bashing of ANY motorcycle seriously!

·
Super Moderator
26,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bout the only "V" that didn't appeal to me was the space ship futuristic designed Vision...figured in due time, there would be something about it that might change my mind...never did...the rest of the "V" line...nice.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.