Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finnally my 4'9" wife has a bike she can ride. this is an 08 Yamaha 650 custom. We just got it home yesterday. We did whats called a J slam where you reposition the shock forward one inch and it lowers the rear of her bike 4 inches. No cost at all for this mod now she doesnt have to ride a 250 any more. Next mod will be some pull back risers.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Looks good! We have a riding bud ( she's an RN) who rides the standard version of your wife's bike. She loves it!

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
SWEET!

Is there a way to lower it using the same method only not quite as low as 4"?

How does it ride that low? I have a friend who is interested in that same bike.

·
Registered
789 Posts
My wife has been riding a 650 V-Star Classic for years. Been all over hell and back on it. She's 5'3", but very short inseam, so she had a hell of a time finding a bike she could comfortably ride. Course, @^#$^&% VICTORY came out with a Vegas Low, she that's what she's on NOW....

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
kaitiff said:
My wife has been riding a 650 V-Star Classic for years. Been all over hell and back on it. She's 5'3", but very short inseam, so she had a hell of a time finding a bike she could comfortably ride. Course, @^#$^&% VICTORY came out with a Vegas Low, she that's what she's on NOW....
I saw a maroon Vegas low this weekend....NNNNNNNNNNICE!

I think the shape of the seat makes it look like a completely different bike!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Toe knee we moved the hole 1 inch for a 4 inch drop so 3/4 would be 3 inch drop ive heard of a 1/2 inch that would lower 2 inches. Whats great about it is that it cost nothing to do it. Of course the ride is a little stiffer I set the pre load to the number 2 setting so I can still go down one more notch if I have to. Wife said the ride is not bad at all.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Whew! That's not what I think of when I hear a wife got a new toy! :oops:

Seriously, good looking scoot. Hope she gets many happy miles out of it!

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Very Nice! Tell her congratulations.

·
Registered
10,893 Posts
SWEET-THE RAKE ON THAT THING IS NICE

I THINK MY WIFE COULD RIDE THAT

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
My wife has a V-Star classic and loves it. Very nice bikes and she should be very happy with it. Congrats! 8)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Beauty!!Oh and bike is sweet too :lol: ....congrats girl!That color of red is sweet and it matches your awesome haircolor to a T!Enjoy that new toy you two and stay safe!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts