Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today the wife and I went to sign the papers on a 2014 H-D 883 Iron, this is our first H-D purchase. Overall the experience was great at Wildcat Harley in London, KY. They are delivering the bike on Monday and picking up her current 2006 Suzuki S40.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
An S40 to an 883 Iron ..............sweet! Love the color too! Enjoy!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Congrats, seems a logical move if she liked the S40's size. That was my first bike (S40). Didn't notice the color until second picture, wow that bike pops!

·
Super Moderator
4,890 Posts
New arrival

Congrats on the new arrival, looking good. Love the color scheme with the blacked out motor. Many safe miles of memories with you both. Best, D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Very nice. Hope you really enjoy riding it.

I was tempted to join the sleeveless crowd a couple of weeks ago when I saw a used 2013 HD Seventy-Two for sale at a dealer 3 miles from my work. Had a few tasteful mods done and 9,000 miles on it. Looked very nice, except I didn't like the color. Now I wish I would have gotten a little more serious about it since that super sale is over - Price was $7,500 ... and now it's back up to $9,700.00 :cry:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the compliments.

She has had some sleepless nights since Friday, supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

As far as why the 883, she really likes slim bikes, she is 5'2" and has a hard time flatfooting most wider body styles. We considered her taking over my C50, lowering it and me getting a bigger bike, but for now the C50 suits my needs although a bigger bike suits my wants. The S40 for her has been a great starter bike, but just a few short months after buying it in 06 she was wishing she had gotten the S50 instead. She has always wanted a Harley, so the call was made to the dealership. They worked out a deal with her bike as a trade and she is now eagerly awaiting delivery and is very happy.

A bigger bike will be coming for me sometime in the nearish future, but for now the wife is happy and at the end of the day that is what counts the most.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.