Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife has a 250 virago..wich has a v-twin on it.would does anyone know if it would cause any problems to her motor if I debaffle her?I joined a 250 virago group on yahoo to gather info from them.All that I can find in their posts were positive and it seemed that 80% of their members had debaffeld.what scares me is they had one post from a gearhead that read to be careful it may hurt the back pressure and damage the pistons and valves.
but about 30 posts read,no problems and none of them has to touch the carbs that it an just fine and maybe a bit ore stronger.I know it a virago 250 but being a member her for sometime i trust my com rads on this site.any input would be appreciated...

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Yank em out-then it will sound like a 450!
Seriously, it shouldn't hurt anything. There is still a lot of resriction in most stock pipes from the header area, which isn't affected by bafflectomies.

·
Premium Member
17,308 Posts
I would go for it. I don't think it will hurt any thing. I had a 250 Honda years back I took the mufflers off of it and ran straight pipes didn't hurt it any.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks to all that replied...Update,I debaffled and yes it has a mickey plate
so I killed the virago mouse.and to my suprise it sounds fantastic.that little v-twin has the sweetest little rumble.Since we could not find aftermarket pipes for it this will be as good as we can get...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts