Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen alot of discussion here about changing pipes, jets, etc., but nowhere have I seen anyone discuss modifying their stock airbox for more air. Changing pipes and jets are of little use if you don't also get more air intake. The only solutions I have seen here is to buy a $300 Hurricane etc. or uni filters and go neckid. Have any of you simply tried installing K&N filter in the stock airbox then drilling addidtional intake holes??????????? This seems to work for other motorcycles, is there some reason it will not work on a Volusia/C50???????

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
No that method works just great and a lot of folks have done that. I also remember someone even putting a scoop on the stock airbox. But IMO the stock one just stuck out too far and was very obtrusive. I went with the Hypercharger for performance along with the extra leg room.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dallas4u said:
Take a look at my "Vader" approach to modding the stock box in my gallery. I have gone custom in my intake now, but at the time I was hacking away!
Did not find "vader" but the airbox mod which looks cool to me is the pic labled "Rotor and Caliper painted 6" That is sweet!. Also love the bars!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Moding the air box will work. I have taken mine off and went the UNI way so I didn't have the football bending my leg while I rode. Plus I really like the nekid look. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you mod the air box to let in more air you MUST rejet. Just adding more air makes you run too lean and that can damage your engine.

·
Banned
13,763 Posts
dallas4u said:
Take a look at my "Vader" approach to modding the stock box in my gallery. I have gone custom in my intake now, but at the time I was hacking away!
But Dallas, you cheat, your bike is way freakin' too kool! You made a few changes since the last time I went into your gallery, all for the better!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rich's Yellow Vol said:
Moding the air box will work. I have taken mine off and went the UNI way so I didn't have the football bending my leg while I rode. Plus I really like the nekid look. :)
Looked at your gallery pic "Miss Daisy's right side". How did you do that? Maybe just need a closer pic but I don't see an airbox of any kind. Is there a write up of this mod? Has any done before and after dynos on the C50 with particular setups to see what yields the best results? Sorry so many questions just trying to learn.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
The Volusianator said:
But Dallas, you cheat, your bike is way freakin' too kool! You made a few changes since the last time I went into your gallery, all for the better!
Thanks. I was in a "dark" mood with the C50. I'm still brewing a mod for the rear fender rack, but have kind of gotten out of the modding mood with renovations going on in the house... oh, and that sweet Panny 42" plasma coming! I gotta pay attention to the audio setup now!

maxrider said:
Did not find "vader" but the airbox mod which looks cool to me is the pic labled "Rotor and Caliper painted 6" That is sweet!. Also love the bars!
Yeah... that one and another pic is what I was talking about. I called it "Vader" because it reminded me a bit of Darth Vader's helmet. :D It seemed to work fine, and I probably could have left it, but I decided I wanted something a bit different.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looked at your gallery pic "Miss Daisy's right side". How did you do that?

I stripped everything to do withe the air breather off, got a UNI filter, it mounts directly on the carb. I got my instructions from TheRusk web site. I have no idea if this would work on the new C50's though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts