Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So clearly I am not going to be changing my pipes anytime soon. I can't get the bolts loose to save my life. I think one is already stripped out even. You would think you would use a bolt that wouldnt strip so easily. Guess I will be paying the stealer to do it so he can hassle with it. I am so friustrated I could scream :evil:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Have a drink and relax. I have been in the same situation and there are some things you may want to try before giving up. Creep is a type of oil used for loosening bolts and stuff I think it works alot better than WD-40 if you can get ahold of some that will help. If you have the clearence you can try heat to losen it up a bit. You can also try an extractor drill a pilot hole and step up the the same size extrator and go slow with your drill in reverse. These are just some of the stuff I've tried maybe they'll help maybe not but GOOD LUCK you'll get it figured out.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whew...thanks all. Thats why i love this site. Get a little frustrated...so stop by here, rant a little, look at a few pics of the pipes you are putting on....go back to the bike and all is well. I got em. I got these new ball end wrenches and they just didnt grip well. Went back to an old school 6mm allen and a little torque and they all came out. the pipes are off.

Now I just need to clean them up...fix my baffle rattle for the next guy...and put em up here for sale!!

·
Administrator
29,697 Posts
Allen wrench with a good hollow breaker bar (the tire extension tool will do it every time. Also they make sockets with allen ends if you get really frustrated.

When you put them back on, anti-seize them and use new gaskets.

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
By the way, you really can't blame your bike for hating you for this. How would you like it if someone took your pipe and tried to remove it from you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts