·
Registered
401 Posts
Sorry to hear about accident, hope surgery goes well -Dan

Reactions: john98026

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Good luck with the surgery and the recovery.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well, I hit something hard enough to bend the front rim, forks, triple tree and frame. I don't remember that but no wonder I'm sore. The bike is totaled and I have 22 staples and a 5inch incision on my left knee. Could have been a lot worse but, my riding days are over. I can't put my wife through this again.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Glad you came out of this accident with relatively minor injuries compared to what could have been. How fast was the traffic going in the other lanes? Were you going 60mph and the guy who pulled in front of you going like 40mph? I am curious. With the HOV, often, this lane is moving faster than the other traffic but you said traffic was light. I guess I am curious as to why the car was going so slow. Did you come close to hitting the car?

I hope you recover quickly. Don't give up on the bike too early. Get well soon!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I was going about 60. He changed lanes almost on top of me. Probably doing 50 or so. I didn't hit him but it appears that I hit the center divider. I'm not sure if I was still on the bike. I just don't remember. He was alone in his car and was cited for failure to yield right of way, illegal use of HOV lane and no insurance.

·
Super Moderator
26,050 Posts
Heal fast. I hate to hear that you're hanging it up, but I can't blame you.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Hate it when people cut in like that, probably didn't use a blinker either. Happens all the time. At least some places have dividers so cars can't just cut in on the HOV anywhere they want.

I hope you heal quickly.

·
Registered
401 Posts
My brother hung it up too, after old timer pulled out in front of him this summer. T-boned the pick-up, knocked him out for a few minutes, broken collar bone, a few stitches and massive bruising. One night in hospital. Totaled '98 Heritage Springer he bought new, replaced with '71 Mustang Convertible, 351C-4speed. He did, however, take my Indian for a spin. Hope your knee heals up good.

·
Registered
797 Posts
My heart goes out to you, John. Praying for a speedy recovery and a long and happy life!!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts