Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
161 - 173 of 173 Posts
OK. This thread just jumped the shark completely. :brick:
The suggestions Two Red Ryder's offered about selling and possibly offering a financing option got me to thinking. Another option would be to take credit cards using a smart phone CC reader. Just a thought. Also ran across this:

How to Sell a Motorcycle | eHow

LOL, this ain't no ****...

All this talk about selling Boulevards, I put my 2006 salvage title C50 on Facebook "man stuff for sale" . Asking $3000 no trades, no partial trades, no payments, no tire kickers and cash talks.

I got a guy coming 60 miles tomorrow after work to take a look. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

He called within the first 30 minutes.

Reactions: Skrapiron
Tell us if he shows with cash. Until then, it doesn't count. I had several military personnel send me emails from a secret location wanting to use paypal accounts and having a shipper come get the bike immediate.

Ok, so back on topic (Harley's suck and their riders are impotent!)

I did a quick cycletrader search for "Boulevard" and "Voluisa" for sale right now, within 50 miles of my location. I filtered to all "Used". The results? 194 used Boulys and Vols currently for sale within 50 of my keyboard. That is called market saturation.

It is the end of the riding season. Riders are not as enamored with their bikes as they thought they once were and so they're selling. Bad timing. Kind of like offering a killer deal on lawn mowers in the middle of December in Wyoming. It is going to be a tough sell.

Such is the curse of what many consider an entry level bike. Too many bikes available to be had for cheap, not enough buyers.

Harley's suck! :)

So I checked the Craig list Seattle-Tacoma area for used motorcycles on sale.

Numbers were unreal. All Motorcycles entries about 80% motorcycles for sale 3,400
of these about 40 were Boulevards/Volusia.

There are lots of folks selling motorcycles at the end of the season with 2,500+ on seattle-tacoma motorcycles/scooters - by owner - craigslist

not a great time to be a seller.:biglaugh: And compared to the 2,500+ bikes for sale not many 40 Boulevards or Volusia on the market in the Seattle area with a lot of other brands for sale only about 2% of the Motorcycles on sale by private owner are Boulevards.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/search/mcy?query=Boulevard

Haha I think the original poster is thinking "WTF" :shades:
But you guys are fun to hang out with :wayhappy:

I'm not sure what to add, other than that I like to read about different bikes and compare them too, and check prices in the classifieds. Does anybody else think that Cycletrader and the Cycletrader mobile site blows goats? I mean you can't even sort by engine displacement!

The Suzook is lotsa fun to cruise in the city, and lotsa fun for riding out in the country for a few hours. It's a great escape for my wife and I to leave the house and the dog and chores for a few hours, and have some fun just the two of us. Nothing but the road and some moments that we share. And it didn't cost $20,000. I bought it because it handled better than the Vstar 1100 I was going to buy, it sounded better with the fuel injection, and my wife said I looked hot on it. Sold!

Reactions: rvcycleguy
I'm one of those guys that moved on to a different bike but still lurk about. Yeah, my '01 Vol wasn't perfect but I'd buy her back if could. Still scan Craigslist occasionally just in case...

OP- your bike sounds like a fair deal but you may have to knock off a couple hundred to satisfy the CL shopper. Be patient.

161 - 173 of 173 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.