Premium Member
3,711 Posts
Welcome back :)
I'm the grandfather to 0 :D
Grandmother to 0 also

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Welcome back. Happy that you are with us again. Situations may have me looking at a trike. Actually thinking of converting my Road Star XV1600. I hear they make great conversions.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Welcome back, TopDog. I am just in the process of getting used to riding a Spyder, and enjoying it. We could talk.
The things I learned were how to lose thousands of dollars when selling. Also, don’t mix premium gas with mid grade gas and psi in the tires has to be spot on for handling. I’m happy for you, when my 2011 was running right it was a blast. Not so much on a flatbed. Lol

·
Administrator
16,333 Posts
Just got back from a customer right near you Jim on Governor's highway.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Also, don’t mix premium gas with mid grade gas and psi in the tires has to be spot on for handling.

What happens when you mix the fuel types? Is that where the flatbed came into the picture?
No it put the Spyder into “Limp” mode where the dealer informed me not to do that any more. He told me to try to always use the same premium gas whenever possible.

·
Super Moderator
8,934 Posts
I want to look at some Gold Wing trikes. The Spyder left PTSD marks on me from being towed so many times in public. I know they are fantastic machines, I just bought a lemon.
Hiya, Jim! Hope all's well with you.

Check out Kent Road Motorsports, in Cornwall Bridge, CT. They do trike conversions as a big part of their business, and they quite often have Goldwing trikes available.

https://www.kentroadmotorsports.com/

Hugs,
Chris

21 - 40 of 56 Posts