Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a SUZUKI BOULEVARD in my driveway! - 4/27/2008 8:49:50 AM

It's not mine.I'm sitting here at 7AM browsing this site when I hear the unmistakable sound of a bike crashing on the curve in front of my house.It's a young guy in his 20's and he's unhurt but shook up.Damaged the left side of his bike and scattered his stuff out of the shattered bag.So I calm him down with a cup of coffee and help him push it in my drive.He starts calling his dad,girlfriend and buddy with a trailer(it's rideable).Meanwhile I'm looking at all the interesting patches on his vest,one is a classic harley bar&shield with the word F#CK in the middle of it.He tells me he's been riding a long time but didn't see the gravel in the road(I don't see it either).I tell him I have ridden since the 60's.He asks what I ride and I say well thats my harley in the the garage.His girlfriend shows up and he asks if I'll keep an eye on his bike till he comes back,sure I say ,I'm just glad you were not hurt .And I meant it.

I found this in the HD forums today . Who is he ? one of our VR member here ?

·
Administrator
29,689 Posts
Sounds like HD forum urban legend to me... "Owner helps metric rider even though he's mean" story. Nobody in their twenties has been riding a long time....

·
Administrator
29,689 Posts
Nobody in their twenties has been doing anything for a long time. The gist is its all relative. I ride with a lot of guys who've been at it for 50 years. Thats a long time. Over 20 years if you haven't skipped any, I would say thats a long time. I dunno, just an observation; it seems everybody's been riding a long time...

Anyway, as Indiana Jones used to say, Its not the years, its the mileage. Just making an observation on the relativity of age. To a 40 or 50 year old guy, 20 something is brand new. Now who knows, that may be new and improved, but...

·
Registered
534 Posts
NOT ME!!!

*Bobo jumps up and brushes himself off*

Heheheh...how embarrasisng is that? :p

·
Administrator
29,689 Posts
Bobo;

That wasn't really you was it?

I mean, I might be the last one you'd expect to hear this from but a F Harley Davidson patch would really be bad form.

Especially when they're picking up your bike.

But if it was you, kudos on being the bigger man and chiming in.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Kudo's to you for helping him out. Anyone who rides on two wheels is cool by me, no matter what the brand. I think sometimes we try to be cooler than we really are. Let's be honest here, i live in Wisconsin and there is no way in hell i'd where a patch on my jacket like that , not unless i enjoyed getting my [email protected] kicked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts