Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
His screen name was dhillis, he has not been on the site for quite some time. He still does have his machine shop last I heard.
Hillis Fabrication LLC

Here is the post that started it all. http://www.volusiariders.com/58-mot...ferent-rear-drive-ratio-highway-cruising.html
Thanks Jenn for that link t the OP of the mod. I enjoyed reading the initial comments from some of the still current members who thought it was a bad idea. Have to push the bike? unusable 5th gear.... lol

·
Super Moderator
9,130 Posts
Dan Hillis. He and his wife rode from Ohio to the inaugural OctoVRFest rally in Cooperstown, NY. Super nice folks.

The last I checked (quite some time ago now), Dan would modify your LC1500 or similar drive shaft if you could provide him with one. Don't know if that is still the case.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
And if you are in the need for one drop me a PM. I have one ready to go, I just didn't have time to take pictures of it and post it yet.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wasn't planning on buying one just yet. I haven't even ridden mine yet.
I am just gathering the info at the moment.

What do you have? are you making them now?
is it the modified C50 drive or is it the modified VL1400 drive.

I read one requires something for a fake swing arm and the other just bolts right in.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I wasn't planning on buying one just yet. I haven't even ridden mine yet.
I am just gathering the info at the moment.

What do you have? are you making them now?
is it the modified C50 drive or is it the modified VL1400 drive.

I read one requires something for a fake swing arm and the other just bolts right in.
It's a VS1400 drive with modified C50 shaft. $550
IMO it is better to trim a cosmetic fake swing arm than a functional, structural drive component.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hi Jen, Like RV said it was definitely an interesting read, but I only got a couple pages in to it. 218 pages OMG I haven't got that kind of time to read.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts