Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I purchase new pipes , I'd like to see the different pipes on real Volusia/C50's

Brillo

·
Administrator
29,580 Posts
Jardine Tapers, in my gallery. $150.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
dallas4u said:
Look in my gallery... Jardine Slashcuts, black ceramic coated.
Hey dallas4u...how much did you pay to have your pipes black ceramic coated? Is that the same as powdercoating? I guess another ? is where did you have that done? I'm thinking of colored powdercoating...

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
The Amazing Gonzo said:
dallas4u said:
Look in my gallery... Jardine Slashcuts, black ceramic coated.
Hey dallas4u...how much did you pay to have your pipes black ceramic coated? Is that the same as powdercoating? I guess another ? is where did you have that done? I'm thinking of colored powdercoating...
Hey... I think I paid around $180 for the coating, which included the two pipes and two heat shields. There is a place in Portland (Finish Line Coatings) that coats headers, engine parts, and exhaust parts mostly for racing. I dropped them off, waited a week, and picked em up.

No, NOT the same as powder coating... regular powder coating is just like a thicker, more durable powdered paint, baked on. It wouldn't withstand the heat of the exhaust pipes. I believe Wild Man either had his ceramic coated in a gloss black, or had it coated in a special process other than ceramic. Someone else on the boards has gone this route in a different way with a glossy finish as well.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Cobra Slash Cuts here. Look at my gallery

1 - 20 of 24 Posts