Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 07 C50. I put 2" Cobra slash cut pipes on last year. It gets anywhere from 43-46 MPG. The pipes are the kind you can take the baffles completely out ( even though I probably won't) It does smell like it runs a liitle rich. A fellow rider told me he put the Cobra fuel commader on his 07 Kawasaki VN900 and it helped a lot. I have read on here mixed reviews. Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated!! :D

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Gman's bully processor is set up for our bikes w/ 100 hr of dyno reasearch to get it right. Also the final tweaking for your set up can be done on the fly. W/ no dyno needed

·
Registered
117 Posts
Can't go wrong with a Power Commander III (PCIII). Backed by the Dynojet Corp.. Free mapping for a number of intake, exhaust combinations. And their R&D unit is constantly enhancing the original product, i.e. free upgrades to the firmware and software. I have been running the PCIII for 2 years now and along with V&H straightshots and Thunder intake, my C50T runs like a (800CC) scalded dog! Never any problems. Gotta love it! Check out their website for yourself. http://www.powercommander.com/

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have been running the Cobra for two years and I like it. Lets me tweak the settings pretty easily and the price is right.

·
Registered
117 Posts
On the same subject. I just noticed in my Dennis Kirk catalog that Vance & Hines and Arlen Ness have come out with units almost identical to the Bully. In fact, the Arlen Ness unit is identical to the Bully. You might want to check them out, too. Bottom line, you pretty much can't go wrong with any unit if you take the time to set it up correctly. I prefer to go with the larger well established companies when I spend my money.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
Stranger said:
I've got an 07 C50. I put 2" Cobra slash cut pipes on last year. It gets anywhere from 43-46 MPG. The pipes are the kind you can take the baffles completely out ( even though I probably won't) It does smell like it runs a liitle rich. A fellow rider told me he put the Cobra fuel commader on his 07 Kawasaki VN900 and it helped a lot. I have read on here mixed reviews. Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated!! :D
fyi-the cobra unit can NOT lean out the mixture. It can only richen it.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Toe Knee said:
Stranger said:
fyi-the cobra unit can NOT lean out the mixture. It can only richen it.
^^
What he said.

The Power Commander can lean it out. The others just add fuel.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
the bully can lean a bike also

1 - 8 of 8 Posts