Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have one on mine... combined with the power commander, it gets the bike going quick!! That being said, I bought the bike with both the PC and the Hyper Charger on it. But it's super fun to ride.

·
Registered
19,521 Posts
At best it gets you 4hp and a few extra lb/ft of torque. It won't turn your 800 into a superbike. The throttle response will be improved and you'll be able to feel a bit more power but nothing earth shaking.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
99 Posts
+ 1 Skrapiron

I changed all three (intake, exhaust, and fuel management) at the same time on my C50. Little more "get up and go" on the lower end but nothing drastic. Does nothing for top end speed as far as i can tell. Made the bike look better ( in my humble opinion only). I don't regret the changes I have done. Can't change an 800 cc bike into a 1500 without changing the drive shaft, gears, etc. I think (and someone correct me if I am wrong...) larger cc bikes would see more benefit from high flow air intakes.
You could always put a k&n filter in the stock housing and drill a couple of holes on the backside if you are unsure what you are after. I personally hated the "football" housing so my decision was easy.....GONE! ! I think there is a thread on that here somewhere.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put a hypercharger, aftermarket pipes and power commander 5 on mine, plus dropped a bunch of weight when I changed the exhaust and fenders. My bike feels a lot quicker from a stop, nothing on the top end though. Gas mileage improved too.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Air and fuel flow always make a difference of some sort. It isn't always what is preferred, as sometimes the bike gets quicker off the line, but loses at higher rpms. Sometimes it is the opposite. One of the best bangs for the buck is to drop weight off the bike. That is one of the things I like about a good aftermarket exhaust. They can shave off a few pounds while helping with exhaust flow. As an aside, a sportbike guy who was an instructor for NESBA track days told me that for every 8 lbs of weight dropped, it equaled 1 hp in performance of the machine. So maybe eating salads instead of burgers and wings would be a better and more cost effective way to wring out the performance for some of us...Certainly cheaper than intakes, processors and pipes! I know my bike seems to pull better since I dropped a few after the holidays...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts