Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it would be wise to install new tires on my 05 C50T (factory whitewalls)... I will admit my first thought was dump em, now I'm not so sure, I suppose the look is growing on me. Complete mixed bag with my buddies opinions.... Whats your opinion? I stole this image from "gsfreeman2" My bike actually has more chrome goodies than this one but looks very similar. I'm actually leaning towards whitewalls now. I could install new tires and static balance myself but leaning towards just hiring it all out. Your opinions are awesome. :smile2:

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
I had white walls on my Vulcan. I hated them. Always dirty, nearly impossible to clean and nothing but a pain in the butt. I finally got so fed up with them, I used shoe polish to black the sides. No thanks, I'd rather be riding.

·
Premium Member
3,627 Posts
White walls look great but are a pain to keep white.

·
Registered
43 Posts
my friend...it is your bike and you have the right to hang christmas balls off the handle bars if you want to...i like ww on your bike...i do not want ww on my bike...ride it like you stole it!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
just a little p.s. about tires...i have gone double black with my bike...meaning...i have an auto tire on the rear and a spitfire rear tire on the front...no difference in the handling that i can detect....ride to live/live to ride

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
Lol. Dark side riders. The anti vaxxers of the motorcycle world.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Since this thread turned into a dark side thread, here is a suggestion: get a whitewall car tire for the back and see how you like it. It will only be WW on one side, so if you don't like it you can just look at the other side. Plus you will get to experiment with the voodoo of a car tire to see how it handles and wears for you.
(Please note, others have already offered valuable opinions, so since I have nothing better to offer, I can supply sarcasm at no extra charge and with no malicious intent)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:applause: Thanks for your opinions, keep em coming. Silly but I'm still torn. I do like how the whitewalls add contrast against the black fenders. I don't like cleaning tires. I don't typically like whitewalls on most cars. I do think they work (aesthetically) on these bikes. I think I will play around with editing photos. Need to quit farting around and start putting some real miles on.

Gotta stick with the wide whites on these bikes, doesn't look right without them.
I think you might be right. Resale value is a thought too, not happening anytime soon though...

·
Registered
575 Posts
just a little p.s. about tires...i have gone double black with my bike...meaning...i have an auto tire on the rear and a spitfire rear tire on the front...no difference in the handling that i can detect....ride to live/live to ride

ride while you can because you will be wrecking soon with a auto tire on the rear the auto tire is not meant to be used on a bike check out the darkside bikes available from the bike scrappers:surprise:

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
WW or no WW are strictly your opinion. It's your bike, so you can do exactly what you want to it and screw what other people think. My Volusia has blackwalls, but I might change that when I put on new tires (Michelin Commander II's). I too have been torn over the WW question. They look great on cruisers, but as people have said, are a PITA to keep clean. I wish someone made a decent tire with a narrow WW...a good compromise.

In the end, do what you want and don't worry what other people think.

Ride Safe and Often!

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
You should try these new polka dot side walls. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
I had WWW on my 07 C50T, always thought they made the bike look cool. I have a rear WWW tire almost new if your interested, PM me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Metzler WWW on the C50T. Yes they are a pain to clean I have to get on my knee's with the bleachwhite to clean them but if your bike is a two-toner like mine putting a black wall on it just seems to take away from the look of the bike. I've seen the red and white like mine with black walls and it just looks incomplete.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I love the looks of the www and spoke wheels on these bikes so my vote is ww. I picked up a jack from harbor freight, I lift the bike and use a sponge with abrasive pad on one side with water and bleach white. takes about 15 mins and they always look great.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
^^^ That's 15 minutes that you could have been riding, instead of polishing your sidewalls...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts